Pizza Hut and Taco Bell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Hut and Taco Bell?

Is it just us in Hawaii that has a Pizza Hut and Taco Bell together under one roof? Or do other places have it as seperate places of business?

Re: Pizza Hut and Taco Bell?

It's that way in lots of places. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell (and KFC, for that matter) are owned by Yum! Brands, Inc., which is a Pepsi-Cola spin-off.

Comment

I've seen them together like that a lot on the mainland, especially at full service highwayside gas stations and at airports. In California, Kansas, Oregon, Oklahoma, Arizona, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Texas, Utah, Washington, and possibly Baja. Within the past two years.
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
        It's that way in lots of places. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell (and KFC, for that matter) are owned by Yum! Brands, Inc., which is a Pepsi-Cola spin-off.
        quoted for truth
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Yes they have it in Arizona like that, especially in the smaller towns.
          ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Much like the Starbucks/Jamba connection and in California the Carl's Jr/Popeyes connection.
            n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              Is it just us in Hawaii that has a Pizza Hut and Taco Bell together under one roof? Or do other places have it as seperate places of business?
              It's like that in other places too. As others have pointed out, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell are owned by the same parent company. Where you see them combined is usually where a former standalone Pizza Hut restaurant stuggled with slow business.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                Where you see them combined is usually where a former standalone Pizza Hut restaurant stuggled with slow business.
                I'm having a hard time recalling any freestanding Pizza Hut restaurants. Other than the fast-food co-location with Taco Bell, it seems as if all the Pizza Hut restaurants have converted to takeout/delivery.
                Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

It's a pretty growing trend to combine locations owned by the same head company into one.

Taco Bell and Pizza hut together is actually a pretty decent combo.

What we need here in Hawaii is an In-and-Out Burger/Church's chicken combo location :P
                  Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

The same company also now has "WingStreet" connected to some "Pizza Hut" shops - I saw one of them in Mt. Vernon (WA) this past weekend.

Comment

In this area of the East Coast, (southern New England), KFC and Taco Bell are common duos. In fact, there is such a combo 2.5 miles from where I live. I see far more stand-alone Pizza Huts, without any co-franchising, around here.

Comment

It should also be pointed out that even in standalone Taco Bell restaurants, there's no escaping the menu convergence trend. I believe that all Taco Bells in Hawaii now offer personal pan pizzas (Pizza Hut) as well as chili-n-rice (Zippy's).
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

in kansas i have seen the PH/TB/KFC combo.
                          i have also seen Long John Silvers/A&W combo.
                          click here for a pic and info on YUM 2 under 1 roof franchising info.
                          PH/TB/KFC/LJS/A&W are under the parent co. yum

here Carl's Jr. and Hardee's are together, again same parent co.
                          Last edited by kstephen; June 2, 2008, 03:25 AM. Reason: adding link

Comment

And after several rebuffed attempts, Arby's has recently succeeded in acquiring Wendy's.

Comment

I WANT A WENDYS!!! Come to that, I WANT AN ARBYS!!

and a Taco Hut
                              a Burger King
                              A Pizza Hut
                              A Sizzler
                              A Zippys

and so on and so forth....
                              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X