"Life on Mars" on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Life on Mars" on ABC

Just saw a tape of 02/18's episode where Sam meets someone who claims from 2009 and this episode has a good number of Wizard of Oz references to it.

Comment

ABC has just canceled the series, hopefully a DVD release will come about as I've missed far too many episodes.

Aj

Comment

Last night's episode had Sam and Annie going undercover. Sam used Tom Cruise as his cover name and used the various Tom Cruise movie titles when he was talking to other people.

Comment

This coming Wednesday will be this series finale. Will be interesting how it ends.

Comment

Make sure to watch it. Just got over here. Didn't see that coming.......

Comment

Well, they certainly ended the series with a big twist! did anyone see that coming? I was completely surprised but after a couple of minutes - it made perfect sense.

Great ending!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

It does explain as to why the main characters for the most part were wearing the same clothes during the series run.

Too bad they didn't say what the other crew member's experiences were (other than Ray's) during the time Sam was under his.

Comment

Hey, fodder for a couple or three more series!

And how about that comment about President Obama, and her father being really sick, and she went to Chicago to see him.
                  Last edited by Kimo; April 1, 2009, 10:24 PM. Reason: additional comment

Comment

Highly unlikely for another series since this one was cut short because of low ratings... but heh... never saw that ending coming. I thought they were just going to drop it with Sam staying with Annie in 1973.... but noooooo.... Life on Mars....heh... what a twist!
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

They could do it on another network or have it as a mini-series for the Christmas or Summer breaks. But the catch would be having the same core cast in another genre or do the story of them on Mars.

But I was kind of wondering why certain characters in Tyler's world made references to 2008 or 2009 instead of 2035.

But at least the title of series made some kind of sense instead of using "Life in 1973".

Comment

The good thing about the ending was that the production company was allowed by ABC to wrap the series up so that it is a complete series with a beginning and an end. Bodes well for a DVD release.

Cancelled series like "Threshold" and "Invasion" leaves viewers hanging forever since they were not allowed to make a series finale, hence my refusal to get those on DVD.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The DVD version of Threshold has 4 unaired episodes to it, one of which was an ending to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                            It does explain as to why the main characters for the most part were wearing the same clothes during the series run.
                            Did Ginger and the Howells bring enough clothes for a three hour tour?

Comment

You guys liked the ending? Am I the only one who thought it was a bit of a cop-out from the writers? I know the writers were forced to end the series quickly, and I will concede that it was pretty good as classic "it was all a dream" deus ex machina -- but I was hoping for something as compelling as the Brits got at the end of the original series.

I LOVE the way the original UK version of the show ends. I don't want to give it away for anyone who might not know, but it's a brilliant tragedy. I probably wouldn't have been happy if the US writers just copied the UK ending exactly, but damn, I wish they had come up with something less cheesy than they did.

Comment

I haven't seen the early episodes but from what I read here and the other web sites plus what is shown at the beginning of each episode is that Sam is hit by a car in 2008 and he wakes up in 1973. Kind of a bit odd way of time traveling if you ask me.

Now if was chasing a bad guy in 2008 and during the chase he (and maybe the bad guy) goes through a funny looking portal and ends up in 1973 then you have the a classic time traveling story.

If I am not mistaken, wasn't Sam's clothes also was changed for 1973. Did he have money printed after 1973 with him? And he was also expected at the 125th Precinct. All the stuff suggested more of dreaming verus an actual time travel by Sam.

Comment

Working...
                                X