Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Life on Mars" on ABC

Originally posted by mel View Post
    My favorite new TV show "Life on Mars" which also airs on ABC avoided cancellation. Last night's episode ended with a cliffhanger, and starting on January 28, the show moves to a new day.... Wednesdays (instead of Thursdays) behind the return of "Lost".

Hopefully "Lost" audiences stick around to catch this time travel cop show, once it starts re-airing in January.
    In a way this is sort of good news, ABC scheduled this series at the same time CBS scheduled Eleventh Hour or CBS scheduled it the same time ABC did theirs. In any event both series are in the science fiction genre and based on previous BBC series.

Re: "Life on Mars" on ABC

I think "Life on Mars" is one of the best new shows from the fall '08 season. It sort of has a similar feel to last year's "Journeyman" on NBC (which, much to my disappointment, was canceled), but I think "Life on Mars" is a little better.

Any other fans here?

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
      Any other fans here?
      Can't wait for the show to return.

I think mainstream get this show over Journeyman ... which as a genre fan like myself also like and was disappointed at NBC for canceling it.

Funny that we're importing more shows from the UK. Including LoM we got the Eleventh Hour and The Office.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I agree with all of you this is definitely one of the best new shows this season. I hope that ABC will let it develop an audience and hopefully a second season. I am still pissed that they have canned Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money.

Comment

Saw last night's epsiode which is the first time I have seen this series so I got the following questions:
          1. Tyler is the one who is stuck in 1973, a few times in the episode he was referred to as the Space Man. Why is that?
          2. There were 2 insect like robots in the episode, I take it only he sees it and this not the first time it has happened?
          3. So Tyler is basically stuck in 1973, he does not bounce between back then and now during the series?

Was also interesting that Tyler was making out with the social worker who is actually his boss's daughter.

Comment

1. Tyler somehow was thrown into 1973 from the year 2008 after he was hit by a car in present day (2008) NYC.

2. In previous episodes he has met his Mom, his Dad and himself in 1973. Kind of bizarre.

3. He sees flashes from the present day like the tiny robots, a TV set that shows him in the hospital, his girlfriend in the year 2008 on the TV set, other reminders.... very briefly, usually vague.... so far unexplainable. He wants to get back to his own time.

4. So far he has not jumped back to present day. He has only remained in 1973.

5. He knows a lot about the future but of course people in 1973 don't believe him. Also a lot of the police methodolgy is quaint for him... no DNA testing for evidence for example...

6. I like the music in this show. Lots of great oldies from the day.

I hope "Life on Mars" finds an audience after "LOST". It's a good TV show that ABC should give a chance to grow and find an audience....
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              Saw last night's epsiode which is the first time I have seen this series so I got the following questions:
              1. Tyler is the one who is stuck in 1973, a few times in the episode he was referred to as the Space Man. Why is that?
              2. There were 2 insect like robots in the episode, I take it only he sees it and this not the first time it has happened?
              3. So Tyler is basically stuck in 1973, he does not bounce between back then and now during the series?

Was also interesting that Tyler was making out with the social worker who is actually his boss's daughter.
              You might benefit from watching the previous 7 episodes on abc.com. High quality and if you have HD are available. I really like this show and think at least episode one would answer some questions for you.
              n'importe

Comment

I very much like this show too, as well as the BBC original.

Tyler does occasionally see vague robots that skitter away.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Not a bad show. Reminds me of a cop version of Buck Rogers in reverse, dont ask me why I think this.

How old was Tyler in 1973?

Heard "Whiskey in a Jar" playing by Thin Lizzy the other day, I gather this show will have the music replaced when its rerun or put on DVD.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                    You might benefit from watching the previous 7 episodes on abc.com. High quality and if you have HD are available. I really like this show and think at least episode one would answer some questions for you.
                    Thanks for the tip. I watched it after Lost also. I've been wanting to catch it but never ran across it at the right time. I had the same questions as Helen. I also want to know if he is supposed to be physically back in time or is he inhabiting someone's body? Or does he just think he's in 1973? Curious minds want to know........

Comment

Tyler doesn't know. He could be physically back in time, or hallucinating, or in limbo, or the subject of some kind of bizarre experiment. There are clues for all scenarios.

It's a good follow for "Lost."

Killer soundtrack.
                      Burl Burlingame
                      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Tyler is the one who is stuck in 1973, a few times in the episode he was referred to as the Space Man. Why is that?
                        This show might be making 1973 references. There was a Bill "Spaceman" Lee who was a popular baseball player. But, it was probably referring to the Apollo missions.

Comment

1. Tyler sometime let slips things about the future and is serious about it, that the guys at Precinct 125 thinks he's "spaced out." Besides, "spaceman" is better and have shorter syllables than "futureman" or "time-traveler."

2. Nope, the robot which resembles slightly to the mars rover, have appeared in earlier episodes, including the pilot/premiere.

3. He hasn't bounced back because in 2008 he's supposedly in a coma after being hit by a car. So things he may see or hear while in 1973 may have seeped into from present time. Something about comatose patients can pick up things while in such a state. There was this one time when he saw what he thought was a 70's soap program on TV, but really a scene where his present-time GF broke up with him and have to move on with her life.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Tonight's episode made a reference to UFO's and a nod to the X-Files TV series.

Comment

It did? Inconceivable!

Comment

Working...
                              X