Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be visiting from Feb 10-23, some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'll be visiting from Feb 10-23, some questions!

Originally posted by pakelika View Post
    IMHO I think that anyone going to Oahu should take time and it only takes a little time, to visit Pearl Harbor Memorial. My wife and I tell anyone that visits with that it is something they need to do...we've been there eight times and it moves me every visit.

Just a thought.
    thanx but neither one of us is really into that. but if you have anything else in mind, please do share!!

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
      Wind Surfing at Hookipa also a must while on Maui, first time here?, No Haleakala sunrise or set on your Maui trip!!!
      what are you refering to about "Haleakala sunrise or set "??

Comment

Re: The wicked old tower...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post

In lieu of hiking the Stairway To Heaven, take the easy time saver route and just hit the Pali Lookout.
        is the Pali lookout just another hike? a legal on compared to the "stairway"??

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
          mixedplatebroker and i went to maui for the second time in december. our favorite lahaina restaurant is mala tavern. here's a pic of their edamame guacamole and chips and my favorite dish there--the clams.

the big shopping thing you're asking about on oahu is one of two things: the aloha stadium flea market, which several others have described; or ala moana center, which used to be the largest outdoor mall in the world. ala moana center will be easy to find.
          ah nice nice, I had not heard about that outdoor mall yet or even came about it online yet!!

I think we will def stop by that tavern, I love clams, my gf loves guacamole, so I think even our meal has been picked out already, haha

one thing though, that guacamole looks like it is sitting in some brownish sauce, whats up with that? or is that just the pic?

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            Have you kids ever windsurfed before? I mean, do you guys want a lesson, or are you ready to go after renting the gear. Depending on where and when you go, me and the bf would love to go with you! I like Kailua for windsurfing a LOT! Its perfect!

Have you thought about kayaking to the offshore islands? Super fun. Oh, except for that one time...
            no, neither one of us has ever wind surfed before.
            you and your bf want to give us some free lessons?? hehe

and that just might work out since I dont think we have much planned for Oahu yet!

I did mention the kayaking to the offshore islands and my gf said she would only be worried, since she is not the best kayaker that we would be taken out into the middle of the ocean!! hehe
            I think that might be the best part!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              If you're talking bout da one in Waikiki dats da famous International Market Place! I work there!
              http://www.internationalmarketplacewaikiki.com/

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
              hey Auntie, where do you work at the market place?

yeah, my gf has mentioned this a few times and we both love market's. always find lots of neat things at markets!

Comment

thanx for all the info and heads up people, if anything else comes to mind please do share!!

we greatly appreciate any and all info!!

cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMansGTi View Post
                  hey Auntie, where do you work at the market place?

yeah, my gf has mentioned this a few times and we both love market's. always find lots of neat things at markets!
                  I work Security.

Look foa the AKAL Podium. If I'm working I'll give you a personal tour. Choose a pearl and you may be lucky to find a rare beauty inside. Treasures galore await you at International Market Place!

Auntie Lynn

P.S. Don't forget the Auntie Pupule's Chinatown Tour!
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Haleakala is the tallest summit on Maui. If you do catch the sunrise there, dress for freezing temps. No kidding. It gets down to 32 deg F and lower, especially recently. Every single person I warned, who hadn't taken the warning seriously, suffered.

When I go I dress as though I'm going skiing and I'm perfectly comfortable.

But plan on doing it only if the forecast is for clear skies. It can get shrouded in clouds, making you wonder if you're in Hawaii or New Hampshire.

Comment

you NEED to do Haleakala!

Bundle up though as it is VERY cold.

if this doesn't convince you, I dunno what will

flickr

An email from God:
                      To: People of Earth
                      Date: 9/04/2007
                      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

If you got enough time on your hand try the sunrise, if cannot the sunset is also awesome.
                        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

ah nice nice, I had not heard about that outdoor mall yet or even came about it online yet!!

I think we will def stop by that tavern, I love clams, my gf loves guacamole, so I think even our meal has been picked out already, haha

one thing though, that guacamole looks like it is sitting in some brownish sauce, whats up with that? or is that just the pic?
                          oops, should have said that in the bowl with the edamame guac is salsa. mala ocean tavern's website is here. Yelp.com reviews are here.

if you have time, check out big beach, which is past the super-chic hotels in wailea. if you like to sunbathe au naturel, go to the adjacent little beach (which, according to my maui friend, is actually called "small beach," and only tourists call "little beach,") which you reach by clambering over a rocky little hill on the right of big beach (right if you're facing the ocean).

if you're into beer, consider going to the maui brewery, which is up north of lahaina. they serve beer there that they don't sell anywhere else. my favorite is their coconut porter, but at the brewery, i got to enjoy their father damien abbey ale and milk of amnesia stout. their french dip and goat cheese burger were very good.

for cheap and good eats, i suggest las pinatas in kahului. we shared the fish "kitchen sink" burrito and were stuffed. the best part about this place is that it's relatively cheap (aforesaid burrito was about $9) and there is a plethora of homemade salsas.

if you're into wine, check out the tedeschi vineyards in ulupalakua. don't expect high quality grape wines, but go there for the history and to sample their pineapple splash (you can sample three wines for free, per person). the drive to ulupalakua is beautiful, but consider it only after you've done the drive to hana. oh, when driving hana highway, make sure to be aware if a line of cars is developing behind you. if so, please be considerate and pull over to the right to let them pass. some of them might be locals who aren't interested in a scenic drive, but actually have someplace to go.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post

is that a pic you took your self?

cause thats damn nice, and if thats what we are going to see first hand then yeah I think we def need to go there!!

Comment

is that a pic you took your self?

cause thats damn nice, and if thats what we are going to see first hand then yeah I think we def need to go there!!
                              yup, I have plenty more. I loved my time on Maui, and you would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not take the chance to witness first hand one of the most inspiring thing life can offer.
                              flickr

An email from God:
                              To: People of Earth
                              Date: 9/04/2007
                              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                              God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post

This is my new desktop wallpaper. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X