President Barack Obama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Barack Obama!

CNN and all four major networks have just declared Barack Obama the WINNER!!!!!!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: President Barack Obama!

Wow. That was fast. I thought it would be a long night.

Comment

Let's hope the headlines don't read "President Joe Biden!" within the next 4 years.
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
      "
      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

AWESOME!

There has never been an inspirational election like this in generations. Not since Kennedy. Perhaps at last there is no longer a Black America or a White America. But a United States of America.

Comment

Wow, that sounds like a concession speech by McCain. I didn't expect that so soon either.

Comment

Barack Obama. 44th President of the United States. First to be born in Hawaii.

Haha! Finally, an end to this 2 year presidential campaign.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Will the street where Obama was raised become a tourist attraction to help Hawaii's economy?

Comment

Having suffered through dueling news stations (FOX and CNN) every morning at the buttcrackofdawn each day while working out at Hawai Kai 24HF, I have to say that I've seen both of these gentleman speak quite often. Tonight's concession speech by John McCain was his finest moment. Gracious. Character. Class. I expect him to be a very supportive Senator across the aisle.

Imua Obama.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

[the Torch Is Passed To A New Generation

Comment

I think McCain and Palin are relieved, tbh.
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                    "
                    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

I'm glad my favorite candidate won. Congrats, Senator soon to be President Obama!

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                      Wow, that sounds like a concession speech by McCain. I didn't expect that so soon either.
                      The boos were a perfect accompaniment to Election Day 2008.

Stay classy, GOP!

Comment

Well, I was already expecting this. I have to give him credit, he beat out both old timers Hillary Clinton and McCain. McCain was good natured about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                          McCain was good natured about it.
                          Indeed he was. Gracious and professional.

Here's a toast - to the folks who supported President-Elect Obama right from the start (admitting that I was not amongst them); to the citizens of all viewpoints who decried the down-in-the-mud political campaigning from both major parties; to the supporters of losing candidates who will cry tonight but support the next President of all Americans tomorrow; and especially to the folks here on HT who could discuss our differences without sinking to the level of personal insult.

One week - that's what I propose. One week for Democrats/Liberals to gloat; one week for Republicans/Conservatives to sulk. Then we all shift our focus to getting ALL our politicians to work together on developing realistic solutions to the crises facing us as a nation today.

Comment

Yes, we ALL can!
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

i have been a mc cain supporter and of course disapointed by mc cains loss. however i am excited that we have our first african american president. its truly amazing that we live in a country where truly anyone with the determination and intelligence to rise from humble roots can lift themselves to this level of excellence and respect. America is truly a country of immense opportunity and a place where anyone can be president if they really want it bad enough and is willing to do all the hard work necessary to achieve that lofty goal. while not my candidate, he will be my president and we need to pray for his safety, health and wisdom. we all need to unite behind the man and the office and give him and it the respect that they deserve.
                              the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Working...
                              X