Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pepsi Throwback

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I enjoyed when you could look at the bottom of the bottle and it would say where the original contents were first bottled. It was like a little geography lesson in many cases ("where the heck is Ponca City, Oklahoma?")
    Yes! I remember that! It was always like a little treat at the end. And, as a little kid, I really thought it was neat, because I'd barely been out of my state, so it was super-cool to me.
    Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
      Is it really, really sad that not only do I know exactly where Ponca City is and have driven through it several times, but also know someone who has relatives from there?
      I recall distinctly where I was when I drank from the Ponca City bottle. The yearbook offices in high-school. I remember because I commented on it, and the yearbook advisor was very excited to see it - as he hailed from there.

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
        If you want to learn more than you ever thought possible about this new Pepsi checkout this review/post

http://www.bevreview.com/2009/04/17/pepsi-throwback/
        That is, indeed, a thorough review. Thanks for the link. My wife brought a bottle home yesterday, and I sampled what was left (prior to my sip, I'd been off my soda habit for months!). It tasted great, but that might've just been the suppressed soda addict in me. Definitely less biting, less acidic than HFCS Pepsi (which is already sweeter compared to Coke, to be sure). Tasty... but not exactly low calorie!

Comment

I had a couple of cans of Mountain Dew Throwback today at a gathering. I have no idea where the cans were purchased from.

I couldn't taste the difference. Picture of the can is from hawyn316's flickr site (he had a camera while I am holding the can).

Comment

I've been on the hunt for this in Vegas but haven't found any yet...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post

I don't expect we'd be fortunate enough to be included out here in Hawaii. But if anyone spots this stuff in the wild, let us know!
              Anybody encountered the Pepsi Throwback on Oahu? I'd love to try some...

Comment

It's on sale for $.99 for a 20 oz. bottle at Target in town.

Comment

12 pks are on sale by me 2/$8. Gonna go buy two today!
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

NPR does a story on this on All Things Considered today.

If you wanna search for it, start at www.npr.org and link to All Things Considered for today May 5

Comment

Or just go here (I searched the site for 'Throwback'). Interesting to see this drink surface right around the time the Corn Council (or whomever) started running ads assuring us that High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) is okay.

Comment

Saw this at Target and bought one. This is really ono... reminds me a bit of the old RC Cola.

Comment

Spotted some Mountain Dew Throwback at Don Quijote (Kaheka) sold in 12 pack boxes.

Comment

Finally got some MD Throwback last week - I found that I've gotten so used to the HFCS version that I prefer it now.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...222406343.html

You got Pepsi in my Cheetos.

Comment

Working...
                              X