"Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

My wife and I blogged our thoughts in detail about last night's episode. It wasn't a strong episode, but served up a heap of mystery and mythology. We've seen the smoke monster judge before... but considering who delivered its message to Ben, it's clear the smoke monster can conjure up things that could also explain some of the things we've seen in previous seasons.

Definitely didn't see what happened to Caesar coming. The key question is, what are Ilana and friends up to, and who do they work for?

Comment

So tonight's episode fills in the blanks like:
      1. Why Miles asked Ben for 2.3 million dollars
      2. Why the Swan's upper hatch had 4 8 15 16 23 42 stamped on it
      3. Dr. Chang's baby is Miles

Why an electromagnet at the Swan site? Why not a plain old big magnet instead? The people who took Miles in the van in the flashback who do they represent? Ben's people? Widmore's people? Another group unheard of (maybe they belong to 2nd season Nathan who Goodwin killed) yet?

Now there is a new saying "Who stands in the shadow of the statue".

Comment

Mistake, it's not 2.3 million dollars, it's 3.2 million dollars.

Another thing that stuck me as odd. Between the time that Sayid popped in and last night's epsiode 2, maybe 3 days on the island have past. When Sayid was around the Flame station, Radzinsky was working on the model for the Swan station, but in last night's episode they were more or less finished digging the pit for that station and started to get the pieces in place.

Comment

(my posting was wrong - sorry)
          Last edited by anapuni808; April 16, 2009, 01:12 PM.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            The people who took Miles in the van in the flashback who do they represent? Ben's people? Widmore's people? Another group unheard of (maybe they belong to 2nd season Nathan who Goodwin killed) yet?
            Well, they can't be Widmore's people. They don't want Miles working for Widmore.

Might they be Ben's people? The guy from the van is now one of the Bounty Huntress's men with guns on the island. But they don't seem to be on Ben's side.

Maybe they are with the recently deceased "Delivery Guy" who appears to have been trying to blackmail Widmore with the 815 fakery evidence.

BTW, how did Faraday get off the island so that he could take the submarine back?

And no new Lost next week? Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
              BTW, how did Faraday get off the island so that he could take the submarine back?
              One can assume he left the island via the submarine between 1974 and 1977 (that method of coming and going to island is still valid since the submarine blew up in 2004). Keep in mind that Horace wanted to ship out the 815 gang in the first place, even through that James managed to convince Horace to let the group stay I wouldn't be surprised that Daniel wanted to leave the island for other reasons a few weeks or months after hooking up with the Dharma Initiative on the island. What we the audience don't know is if Daniel's leaving the island was okay with James or not.

Comment

Paul Ogata wrote: " And no new Lost next week?"
                There will be a LOST special. The story of the losties will be told "from another perspective".
                Nic
                http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Comment

Tonight's episode highlighted Daniel's life.

One thing I couldn't figure out is how did Daniel know actually when the Swan station incident would happen?

Comment

Well Daniel's dead. Sayid popped in to help out, Dr. Chang believes what Daniel said about the future.

Comment

Eloise shot Daniel Faraday, her (future) son. I have a feeling that she is trying to change what happened. Perhaps this is why she shows the lostiest the way to the temple tunnel.
                      I particularly liked the sentence"And now what?"
                      Nic

Comment

Talk about cliffhangers! Instead of the usual ending thud and black screen, tonight's ending had a white screen.

Good to see Rose, Bernard and Vincent again. I wonder if Rose and Bernard were aware that they were in the 1977?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                          Well Daniel's dead.
                          In tonight's episode it was indicated that his mom is "hapai" in 1977.

Boom!
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Yes Ellie was with child. Some time loop!
                            In the finale what impressed me most were Jacob, and of course the statue. And also this mysterious "man #2" as the list of characters called him, when Mark Pellegrino/Jacob was simply listed as "man #1".
                            Nic

Comment

Daniel Faraday will be "born again".
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My wife and I blogged our reaction, and there are already 320+ comments on the post. We debated the finale quite thoroughly, with her initial reaction being generally negative. Upon second viewing, though, she's lightened up on it. The "big picture" elements of Jacob and "Anti-Jacob" (or "AJ") stuck in an endless loop of battle using people as pawns was interesting. The use of "love triangles" to create conflicts and changes in character were a lot less successful.

Comment

Working...
                                X