X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
    Oh wow, that fly shot is amazing Tatt. He almost looks pretty and graceful instead of an annoying pesky thing I want to swat. I can't imagine how you got it without him flying away!

And the Long Fence made me chuckle!

Honestly, was shocked that I got him too! And then when I uploaded, I was glad to see his colors, made me think differently of a fly, lol.

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    Tatt, just to let you know, I'm lovin' the zinnia pics. They are great flowers, and your photos are lovely.

Mahalo!
    No worries! Now I know what those flowers are called! When we got this house, there were couple packets of wild flower seeds and I just chucked them onto a patch in the corner of our yard and the TOOK OFF! WE have a LOT of flowers now!
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

it's been a while since i've posted shots here...

Jim / Tattrat - as usually good stuff there. can't wait to get back to hawaii.

I shoot a lot of weddings on the mainland, and i never really post them outside my blog, etc.... thought i'd start sharing some portraits

website - http://www.brianhancock.com
      blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

The second photo looks like it's from a fashion magazine. Something about the buildings in the background, along with the depth of field, makes the couple pop out of the screen.

The beige tint in the third photo makes it look like it's from the 70s.

Was this a married couple, or hired models?
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Enter the Dragon - I took this first photo yesterday at sunset up near Hale'iwa. Can you see the Dragon in the wave? I've included a second shot with an outline, just in case.

Comment

More Hale'iwa

Comment

More Hale'iwa

Comment

I don't see a dragon, Jim...

I see an ocean of beer!

Great use of the sunset light. Looks like liquid amber. I like the photos of the same waves, with differing light.

(I see what you meant, about wide angle lenses being easier to hand hold. Thanks for the info.)
                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                "

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                  The second photo looks like it's from a fashion magazine. Something about the buildings in the background, along with the depth of field, makes the couple pop out of the screen.

The beige tint in the third photo makes it look like it's from the 70s.

Thanks Joe,

This was a couple that I booked for their wedding. These were from there "engagement" shoot. The wedding was 8-8-08

Yeah i was going for a older polaroid feel on on the tinted one. 70's would be correct!

I play a lot in my digital darkroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                    This one is my favorite from those. You have some great colors in these. Good job. I can see you pics getting better and better...

what are you using these days? LightRoom? Aperture?

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                      [...]
                      Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
                      [...]
                      This was a couple that I booked for their wedding. These were from there "engagement" shoot. The wedding was 8-8-08[...]
                      LocalMotion (Brian) shoots incredible engagement and wedding photos...untraditional, edgy, fun. Where were you 44 years ago, Brian? Be sure to check out his web site. The URL is in his sig.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        LocalMotion (Brian) shoots incredible engagement and wedding photos...untraditional, edgy, fun. Where were you 44 years ago, Brian? Be sure to check out his web site. The URL is in his sig.
                        Nice website design. The music goes well with the slide shows. I already showed the link to a friend.

He captures his clients' emotions very well. He makes regular people look good. They all look like models to me.
                        "

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          You're too kind Sue....

Originally posted by myopicjoe
                          Nice website design. The music goes well with the slide shows. I already showed the link to a friend.

He captures his clients' emotions very well. He makes regular people look good. They all look like models to me.
                          Thanks so much... i did the design myself. That's what happens when your clients are comfortable with you and you shoot them candidly, instead of trying to "pose" them. All my clients come to be because of my style. I don't do it on purpose it just turns out that way...

here's a couple of my favs from a wedding not too long ago

Comment

Lovely stuff, all!

jim, you makin me miss up country...with huli huli chicken and shaveice, I can almost smell it!

localmotion, seriously, very nice work. I love the quality you give your shots, and I am a HUGE fan of "candid"work. You seem to catch all the right moments the bride would NOT like, but see, and then LOVE!
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

A situation where not having the option to attach a polarizing filter isn't a big deal:

I liked how wispy the clouds looked. From the angle of this shot, it looks like they're streaming off the building. Purely accidental:

And finally, the cockroach that got stuck to the car while we were washing it. Note the air bubbles under its wings. My wife wasn't as amused as I was, when I took this shot:
                              "

Comment

LOL. Look at the professional photographers crammed together at the National Aquatics Center during the Olympics. Talk about some big guns:

(Michael Kappeler/AFP/DDP)

It would be hilarious to see one photographer in the middle using a compact consumer grade camera. Hmm, that might make for an interesting advertisement. Probably has been done.

The picture came from this link:
                                http://luminous-landscape.com/whatsnew/#266

The most artistic vomit ever.
                                Last edited by MyopicJoe; September 4, 2008, 11:02 PM.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X