Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Apple Announcements

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    I thought Snow Leopard only runs on Intel proc macs?
    that's correct
    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      I thought Snow Leopard only runs on Intel proc macs?
      It won't work on our ancient Mac Mini and I don't think it'll work on a PowerPC G4 chip.
      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

10.6 Snow Leopard ONLY runs on Intel Macs...

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
          It won't work on our ancient Mac Mini and I don't think it'll work on a PowerPC G4 chip.
          I still exclusively use a Powerbook G4. I've maxed out the OS at 10.4.11...or so the Apple Store told me!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            I still exclusively use a Powerbook G4. I've maxed out the OS at 10.4.11...or so the Apple Store told me!
            Yeah, I'm starting to hear the "this crappy old Mac Mini" from our teen spawn, who's marshaling her forces for the college Macbook campaign. Guess I'll have to start a separate thread on that.
            Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
            Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
            We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
            Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

• Re: Apple iPod nano

A new version of the iPod nano has been announced. This one has a built in video camera and a FM tuner in the unit. Prices are $149 for a 8Gbyte unit (same as before) and $179 for a 16Gbyte unit (price drop of $20).

Comment

I was sooooo ready to scoop up an updated ipod touch with the camera...BUT! Nano gets all the bells & whistles (camera, FM radio, pedometer), the touch gets...um...more memory & a promise of more speed (my gen 2 touch is plenty fast for me, & where's flash anyway?). Yeah! I saved $400 today!

It's seems like there's some positioning & staging happening. Nano will be the go to portable music and more player. The Touch moving to being a portable gaming device that runs apps and oh yeah can play music, videos & surf the net. The missing piece will be the tablet that will combine elements of both, and I'm thinking...a killer unknown capability that will make us geeks run to the Apple store to plunk down $800+ for it.

I ordered the Nano I promised our Nephew (just wait I said, it will be worth it). I'll check his out, and if it passes muster, I'll get one for myself to replace my ailing "gym" ipod.

Comment

Yeah little disappointed that theres no camera on the next gen Touch.

Oh well what you gonna do.

I'm still looking forward to the tablet though.

Aloha.

Comment

With the hype surrounding the new Apple iPod and iTunes products and the new remastered CDs by The Beatles as well as The Beatles' "Rock Band" game on this same day of 9-9-09, both Apples (Apple Inc., Beatles Apple) may have lost an ideal opportunity to also release the Beatles music catalog to iTunes in digital format.

But then maybe Apple Corps. still wants to sell only CDs... and reap the hopeful benefits of a successful Rock Band game release.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      With the hype surrounding the new Apple iPod and iTunes products and the new remastered CDs by The Beatles as well as The Beatles' "Rock Band" game on this same day of 9-9-09, both Apples (Apple Inc., Beatles Apple) may have lost an ideal opportunity to also release the Beatles music catalog to iTunes in digital format.

But then maybe Apple Corps. still wants to sell only CDs... and reap the hopeful benefits of a successful Rock Band game release.
                      here's a great article on why the Beatles weren't released on the same day as the fully remastered CD's. I agree that it doesn't make much sense financially to release both CD's and downloads on the same day.

I don't think an opportunity was lost. There was major hype for the new remastered CD's, and you can bet there will be "something" special to release it on iTunes, so you squeeze as much out of both events instead of all at once...

As for the Nano, it's a video camera only. not a still camera. Jobs explained a bit afterwards how the video only camera is much smaller than the regular 3mp camera found in the 3GS.

Last edited by LocalMotion; September 9, 2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Apple CEO Steve Jobs resigns

At this moment that the news just broke, the comments across the web have been completely out of control and full of so much speculation regarding his health and where the company is headed.

No question Steve Jobs is one of the greatest men of our time.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

Yes! .......
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Apple CEO Steve Jobs resigns
                            So, did he take the great opportunity to simply say ...

iQuit

?????

Comment

But is he more popular than Jesus?
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

A person is hurting and those with kindness in their hearts will aim their good thoughts to help this indidual.

Comment

Working...
                                X