X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 6

Pomai said:
    So I seen that Grill Mates Montreal Seasoning in Costco (what I mistakenly called Canadian seasoning earlier). Thought, hmmmm, I wonder? So picked it up and gave it a try.]

I just might give it a try myself. I've been to that Foodland Thursday steak tent just once out here in Hawaii Kai. It was the weirdest thing. Standing in line while people were telling the guys how to cut their steaks, what pieces they wanted, 'eh! no fat!' stuff like that. I felt like they weren't exactly feeling warm toward the clientele. I wonder when the stores will pull the plug on the outdoor grilling tents!
    Thanks for giving me a clue. HOWEVER! I still don't know why this is a Canadian or a Montreal seasoning. St. Louis ribs, Carolina barbecue, Texas brisket, San Francisco Bouilabaise, Philly Cheesesteaks--now those I can figure. But what's the deal with Canadian or Montreal seasoning?
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

• Re: Grill Mates Montreal Seasoning for Steaks

Originally posted by lavagal
      I still don't know why this is a Canadian or a Montreal seasoning. St. Louis ribs, Carolina barbecue, Texas brisket, San Francisco Bouilabaise, Philly Cheesesteaks--now those I can figure. But what's the deal with Canadian or Montreal seasoning?
      I agree. So what if we use Montreal Seasoning for our steaks cooked out here in Hawaii Kai? Shouldn't it be called Hawaii Kai seasoning?

All I know is it's good, and I highly recommend it.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

MAMA called one of our former workers to do some errands and pick up lunch for us in Chinatown. I wanted Roast Duck from Mini Garden but they were still closed. "Trinni" bought Roast Duck from Nam Fong and Chow Fun from Char Hung Sut on Pauahi Street.

I have a set mind. I'm spoiled. I didn't eat it cause it looked too oily. Plus, I changed my mind to Look Fun Soup with Won Ton. I got my soup. Still didn't taste right. Nothing does.

This Flu last too long. This is worse than the Food Posioning!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

• Battered Fishers Brace for More Birthdays

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          I changed my mind to Look Fun Soup with Won Ton.
          Was the soup fun to eat? Or did it just look fun, but when you ate the soup, it weighed won ton?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's Boss' B-Day at Dave & Busters. Tried their Fish 'N Chips. Not bad.
          D&B's uses Talapia - not the glowing kine from da' Ala Wai - da' farm raised 'kine. Fries (chips) are standard burger-joint variety.

Alexander's in Kihei, Maui is still the #1 Fish N' Chipper in Hawaii, IMO. They offer choice of Ahi, Mahi or Ono, and the tempura-based batter is perfect. Fries (chips could be better, but they work.

Anyone ever tried the F&C's at Ye' Fox and Hounds Pub? Always see them advertise but never had a chance to drop in.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

A Ton of FUN, Pomai!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Chicken flavor Cup Noodles, Twix and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

One of those little Kid's Kitchen spaghetti and meatballs cups with rice. Yes, I'll eat rice with anything. Drank Diamond Head red cream soda.
                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Went to the Ikea store in New Haven, CT yesterday to spend a day of shopping. Had lunch in their Cafe.....a cured salmon sandwich. It was really good! Today I had sushi for lunch at the mall.....
                  Lovena

Comment

• Fresh'n natural cream puffs

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics
                    Went to the Ikea store in New Haven, CT
                    Do they really kea in Connecticut? I know Ikea!

Tried the new beard papa's cream puffs for the first time today. Each puff is about the size of a tennis ball. What's nice about fresh made cream puffs is you get the warm crusty puff texture on the outside with the post-bake injected cool, creamy texture of the vanilla-flavored custard filling inside.

The cream puff's flavor, quality, packaging and service are excellent.

The only complaint I'd have is the price. $1.50 each or $8.50/half dozen ($1.41 ea). While I don't mind paying that just to have a few on occasion, not sure if I'd be willing to supply our office lunchroom with a few dozen of 'em.

beard papa's is a franchise operation currently open in the Kaiulani st. Food Pantry in Waikiki (owned by Foodland) and Foodland Koko Marina. I believe they're also opening several more in other Foodland locations.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Small Saimin, Cone sushi and 1 BBQ stick at Nuuanu Okazuya.

Excellent!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hmmm...that was so many hours ago. IIRC, half of a #2 Chicago South Sider wrap from the Safeway deli, which means the other half is somewhere in the fridge, available for dinner. Jeez, I do have something for dinner after all!

Comment

@ Pomai!
                          Lovena

Comment

• Choux Creme

Originally posted by Pomai
                            Tried the new beard papa's cream puffs for the first time today. Each puff is about the size of a tennis ball. What's nice about fresh made cream puffs is you get the warm crusty puff texture on the outside with the post-bake injected cool, creamy texture of the vanilla-flavored custard filling inside.

The cream puff's flavor, quality, packaging and service are excellent.

The only complaint I'd have is the price. $1.50 each or $8.50/half dozen ($1.41 ea). While I don't mind paying that just to have a few on occasion, not sure if I'd be willing to supply our office lunchroom with a few dozen of 'em.

beard papa's is a franchise operation currently open in the Kaiulani st. Food Pantry in Waikiki (owned by Foodland) and Foodland Koko Marina. I believe they're also opening several more in other Foodland locations.
                            Forgot to mention, in Japan they use the French name choux creme (pronounced in Japanese accent as "shoo k'deem").

A family friend from Akihabara (lives in Hawaii now) makes them from scratch, except she also adds fresh strawberries and Kiwi fruit. Oishii!

If you order a bunch, try cutting one open and add slices of fresh fruit in 'em. Bet it would taste even better!
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

We were going to have left overs from last night but our neighbors gave us a bigger plate of BBQ Meats just off the grill. Just to much for MAMA and I. I mixed some sour poi and we ate. I'm freezing the rest for another day.

Passion Orange Hot Tea with a twist of lemon.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Manapua, spring rolls and Mountain Dew.

Comment

Working...
                                X