This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch today? - Chapter 2

I just came back from having a spam musubi (covered in some thick sause), a "vending machine sized" bag of Sun Chips, and a can of Nestea.

Not bad for $3.75, but the food here is so expensive. I don't know how you "downtown" people can handle it.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Yesterday, my dad treated me to lunch at Kincaid's at Ward Warehouse.

Mmm... kal bi. I can never get enough of the stuff!

Comment

some fried rice.

Comment

BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak plate lunch and a large Mountain Dew from Mahalo Drive Inn.

Comment

I'm in California, staying in Little Tokyo in downtown Los Angeles. Today I walked across the street from the hotel to eat at East Japanese Restaurant, where I had a combination teri chicken and tempura teishoku.

More photos from my trip (as I snap them!) can be found here.

Comment

zucchini salad and some pasta!

Comment

Noodles and black bean chicken plate lunch from U-Choice Drive Inn.

Comment

Albert and I went to Taqueria La Michoacana which is located on the corner of Kalauokalani Way and Makaloa Street. I had the soft taco and buritio.

Comment

"Albert and I went to Taqueria La Michoacana"

Sigh. If the Weekly had not given this place a review last week, I'm sure I would never have known about it.

Extraordinarily bland "Mexican food". I had their #1 Lunch Special which was an enchilada stuffed with what was supposedly beef, some re-fried beans and rice which might have been three days old. Although the place opens at ten in the morning and we were there shortly after noon, they were already "sold out" of tamales (!?).

Sorry. It goes on my list of places to avoid.

Comment

I had corn and some chips, sweets.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
                        "Albert and I went to Taqueria La Michoacana"

Sigh. If the Weekly had not given this place a review last week, I'm sure I would never have known about it.

Extraordinarily bland "Mexican food". I had their #1 Lunch Special which was an enchilada stuffed with what was supposedly beef, some re-fried beans and rice which might have been three days old. Although the place opens at ten in the morning and we were there shortly after noon, they were already "sold out" of tamales (!?).

Sorry. It goes on my list of places to avoid.
                        Too bad. I was mentally adding it to my list of places to try when I go back home, but I guess I'll stick to El Burrito. You can't beat their cheese enchiladas with mole sauce...

Comment

Chinese food.

Comment

Turkey diner special at the Big City Diner at the Ward Theater complex.

Comment

Just came back from Ala Moana's Food court where I went to Patti's Chinese Kitchen for some Beef Brocolli, Fried Rice, and Orange Chicken for about $7. (it was more filling than the $4 bentos they have at school).
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

In the midst of Christmas shopping (deadline for those packages to Japan is nigh!), I had a McDonald's Happy Meal (cheeseburger). They asked if it was for a boy or a girl which flustered me. Turns out they are giving away figures/toys from the movie The Incredibles - I got a cool car which I gave to my sweetie and he loves it! Can't beat the price of just about $3.

Comment

Working...
                                X