Least Favorite National TV Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

Another commercial they've started playing a lot is for Tide Stain Remover. A 11-12 year-old girl is whining that she wasn't able to get the $100 jeans she wanted because her mom got the BBQ stains out of her older sister's hand-me-downs thanks to the stain remover. I know it's supposed to be cute, but it just grates on my nerves about a 11 year old whining about not getting $100 jeans. I don't have $100 jeans and never have. Little hard to sympathize with this ad, Tide!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Tums, with the food that fights back as it's about to be eaten. My guess is it was much funnier in the creative meetings than it turned out in the final edit. Kinda silly.

Comment

I think George Takai's saying "wow" in the Sharp Quattron commerical kind of makes it silly.

Comment

The Progressive Girl appears on tv as often as Luke Wilson. She looks like she could be the daughter of Toni Basil. Hey Mickey!

Comment

My two least favorite commercials currently running:

1. Old Spice ads with a hunky bare-chested guy riding a horse backwards and various other nonsense. I guess the viewer is supposed to want to use Old Spice deodorant so he can be as cool as the pitchman but I think he's just irritating.

2. Time Warner Roadrunner ad with a man standing behind his wife at the computer whispering something about her being the "Queen of Downloadia" while looking at pictures of their trip to the "Canyon of Grandeur". This one is just creepy.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201004...s/ynews_ts1615

King Burger looks creepy already. Now, he goes postal.

Comment

I didn't pay close attention to the Carl's Jr commercial if it's made locally or nationally. A surfer dude eats a Hawaiian Teriyaki burger while the narrator mispronounces Hawaiian words.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20100922/pl_usnw/DC69716

I'm familiar with Flo for Progressive, the Wow that's a Low Price at Staples guy, and the jerk who needs a McDonald's coffee.

Comment

The Reebok ad for their nifty new toning shoes. It features a good two solid minutes of nothing but close-ups of girls' rears in short-shorts, most of them bending over. I find this highly offensive because if you're going to go with that, at least get rid of those nasty, almost velvety purple shorts. Ew! Like anyone near my age would wear those!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                      [...]It features a good two solid minutes[...]
                      Seriously? A 2 minute tv commercial? Or was that an exaggeration to make a point? Just curious.

Comment

Two minute spots have popped up more frequently in prime time recently, migrating from day time (and Lifetime !) - mainland media did stories on this several months ago, citing (1) high costs for advertising and ad cutbacks by companies that normally have made heavy buys, and (2) corresponding desire by broadcasters to fill avails with SOMETHING, rather than endless promos.

Comment

Thanks, Kimo. I'll have to watch for them. I did a quick check on YouTube earlier and didn't find any 2 minute Reebok spots. Regardless, a 2 minute spot in prime time has to be big bucks. If I wasn't so lazy I'd ask my daughter as she supervises a team of media buyers!

Comment

Shirtless guys using the Shake Weight. Shouldn't there be a black dot blocking their suggestive device in the commercial?

Comment

• Re: Least Favorite National Ads

Continental Airlines announced nonstop flights from LAX to Hilo.

Um... nonstop? Where the hell would they stop between Los Angeles and Hilo?!??!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

ESPN is showing an old promo clip of Ben Roth saving Neil Everitt from a building fire by carrying him on his back. It was funny back then. But now, there's an ugi feel to seeing Ben Roth off the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X