This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Sushi, poke and a bottle of orange Gatorade from Foodland.

Comment

Cleaned out the chest freezer in the garage and found three bags of frozen turkey bones, one bag of sliced honey glazed ham and frozen laulau. It was like Thanksgiving in February last night. I made jook with the bones. Washed it all down with a cold brewski (Coors Light)
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

tried brining fowl for the first time ever. used hawaiian salt, fresh ground pepper, rosemary & thyme from the kcc farmer's market in my brine, in which i let chicken thighs swim overnight. then i broiled in eric's convection oven for 20 mins at 500 degrees, brought it down to 400 for another twenty minutes or so. made a side of braised broccoli rabe (also from the famer's market) and served with brown rice and a hunk of salt filone from the monster safeway down the hill, crisped up in the oven and spackled w/butter.

not bad for my first try. the skin came out with some crisp and the flesh inside was tender and steamingly moist. but i think next time i'll rinse off the brine or salt the brine a little less.

one thing tho--this little experiment has convinced us brining might be part of the secret behind the chicken at KJ's.

mr. scrivener, i should kiss you and buy you a six pack of non-canoe water just for your suggesting KJ's, by the way!
        Attached Files
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I must say though, sure looks ono!. I made tripe stew so that is din-din tonite. Lucky thing I made yesterday cause one day ole mo-betta.
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Salmon with a wasabi-mayo-teriyaki-furikake sauce, red potatoes grilled in sesame oil, rice and POG.

Comment

Poki, pasta salad, brown rice sushi and a bottle of water.

Comment

Burger, onion rings, Diet Coke and an ice cream sundae at Farrell's in Windward Mall.

Comment

Home-made spaghetti. One thing I just discovered when making your spaghetti sauce. If you added too much tomato or it tastes too tomatoey, just add a packet of brown gravy mix to the sauce and it'll bring out the meat flavor over the tomato.

I made my first attempt at spaghetti sauce from scratch and it came out good after I added the gravy mix. Next time I'll stew the tomatoes before adding them to the sauce. I used cherry tomatoes too so I think that made it too tart.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Salmon with a wasabi-mayo-teriyaki-furikake sauce, red potatoes grilled in sesame oil, rice and POG.

mmmmmmmmm! sounds scrumptious! i make the furikake salmon, but minus the mayo. try to stay away from that as much as possible. nothing beats REAL MAYO!

so i made beef broccoli last night. not bad. followed a recipe from some chinese internet site. the meat turned out sooooooo tender, but i think it was missing something.
                    Last edited by kani-lehua; March 17, 2008, 09:35 AM.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Jumbo Jacks and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Caesar salad, incredibly good garlic bread, baked potato with the works, and a near-perfect filet mignon with bernaise sauce, at Haleiwa Joe's in Kaneohe, while looking at those gorgeous views of the gardens and the Ko`olau right at sunset.
                        It just doesn't get better than that. [/purr]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Aloha everyone! We'll be meeting Kalei for dinner at Likelike Drive Inn at 7:00 p.m. for dinner. We'll be going to Hibiscus Lounge for Karaoke after. Please join us if you're in the area.

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Our get-together with Kalei was full of FuN!

Beau, DD, Cranberrie, P.K. and I.

We had dinner at Likelike Drive Inn.

Clam Chowder, Toss Salad and Rolls.

Cokes and Fruit Punches.

Entrees:
                            1/2 order Fried Rice, Teri-Butterfish, Grilled Butterfish, Breaded Oysters and two Char-broiled Rib-Steaks!

Two Tapioca Puddins.

We headed for Hibiscus Lounge after for some drinks and Karaoke. JPhilipson from Twitter.com joined us. Kalei is very beautiful.

We discussed alot of things. heheheh

Auntie Lynn
                            Attached Files
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

BBQ Chicken plate lunch from Yummy BBQ.

Comment

vegetarian chow fun, furikake salmon and stir fry baby bok choy.
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                reflect, repent and reboot.
                                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Working...
                                X