Oh the Rains!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh the Rains!

Monsoons come and stay it seems this weekend, raining all day in Hilo, without let up.

I've been here a long time and I know Hilo is wet, but sheesh, you think we could catch a break to walk out to the mailbox once in a while...

Aloha.

Re: Oh the Rains!

To me it's just a normal winter. We haven't had one in years
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

The news reported last night that Hilo's temp never got up to the 70s yesterday! That amazed me!

Comment

Originally posted by lavahi View Post
        Monsoons come and stay it seems this weekend, raining all day in Hilo, without let up.

I've been here a long time and I know Hilo is wet, but sheesh, you think we could catch a break to walk out to the mailbox once in a while...

Aloha.
        Enjoy the rains while you can!, Summers almost here, then its Oh the hot.
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Here on the windward side it seems like the winds have been 25 to 30+ for the last two weeks, and it's been cloudy almost the entire period. I love big wind, but I'd sure like to see some consistently blue sky.
          Yesterday our high was 73 and our low was 70. These wild temperature fluctuations slay me.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Kona side, along the Mamalahoa Hwy is fogged in like Sonoma County in the Fall. I expect the headless horseman to come riding out of the gloom, and throw burning pumpkins at the folks driving 15 mph cuz they never seen fog before.

Drizzly, constant rain, with occasional and sporadic pouring rain, for the last 3 days straight. The coffee is loving it.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Oh ! The Rains

It's been two years since I was on Oahu. I stayed with a friend off McCulley for a few days but she had work on the other side of the Island and so I moved into a cheap hotel ( Aqua Continental in Kuhio Avenue.)
              My theory was that I wouldn't be there much, except to sleep. I would be out most of the day and then working in the evening. !!!!

It didn't work out like that because of the rains. I promised to feed my friends cats and every morning I walked up to her condo. Drenched right through. Some sewers had burst and they were pumping the raw 'stuff' directly into the Ala Wai canal.

Oh! those rains ! They had put pesticides onto the golf course and the rains had washed these chemicals into the canal. It killed the fish and of course where the canal came out from Magic Island to Diamond head there were *No Swimming* signs.

I was there for six weeks and I think it rained none-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                I was there for six weeks and I think it rained none-stop.
                Three years ago was the 42 days of rain.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                  Three years ago was the 42 days of rain.
                  Of course you are right. I was never cold but sure did get wet. Got to Lime Street and fed the cats. Emptied their litter trays. Got dried out and then went out and got soaked again.

Comment

The wind was dead calm this morning, but suddenly raced up to about 25mph out of the north and is still howling at that speed. The ocean went from glassy and calm to angry whitecaps and rough waves in a period of about 10 minutes.
                    Will winter ever end?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      The wind was dead calm this morning, but suddenly raced up to about 25mph out of the north and is still howling at that speed. The ocean went from glassy and calm to angry whitecaps and rough waves in a period of about 10 minutes.
                      Will winter ever end?
                      No kidding! It's soooooo dark right now! I just got caught in a downpour
                      walking Manele & Koele the rain is just fierce right now! I was just on Maui
                      for a few days and the entire time it was overcast the whole time. People
                      were complaining like mad, I kind of like it though.

Comment

No rain in Waikiki...so far! Looks like it's windy tho'.

Comment

Working...
                        X