This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 3

Yesterday was a mini breaded porkchop plate-lunch from L&L. Very puzzling, that option. Sometimes I get three porkchops, sometimes two, but yesterday only one. Granted, it was larger than usual. I wonder how they decide how much to put in the box?

(Their mac salad is SO boring.)

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
      Yesterday was a mini breaded porkchop plate-lunch from L&L. Very puzzling, that option. Sometimes I get three porkchops, sometimes two, but yesterday only one. Granted, it was larger than usual. I wonder how they decide how much to put in the box?

(Their mac salad is SO boring.)
      Could be the size as you mentioned, weight or not enough, which they should have charged you for a mini plate! The mini only consists of 1 more scoop rice most times.

After yesterday, only a plain manoa lettuce salad with vinegarette dressing.
      Last edited by 1stwahine; February 11, 2005, 11:42 AM. Reason: Had Lunch
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Grilled tuna sandwich and some of that chicen & wild rice soup from Progresso. Drank that dragonfruit Vitamin Water that my mom loaded the house up with.
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Herb chicken, fried rice, cole slaw and water.

Comment

Bowl of Ramen noodles and Lap Xuong Thuong Hang!
            Lovena

Comment

Char siu and stewed noodle at Mini Garden in Chinatown, my usual dish. Got a brief education in feng shui, as the restaurant apparently demonstrates many of its principles. (Their new location opens on March 3!)

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                Char siu and stewed noodle at Mini Garden in Chinatown, my usual dish. Got a brief education in feng shui, as the restaurant apparently demonstrates many of its principles. (Their new location opens on March 3!)
                Is that the one by the entrance? Try their Dry Look Fun Noodles with Roast Duck/Char Siu combination. Onolicious! Thanks for the info about thier opening March 3rd. I hope the owner's sister is doing better now that their moving places. They believed that the current resturant was on evil ground...it's the exact place where the Chinatown Fire started years ago.

Comment

Compadres.

tamale con refritos e arroz.
                  Dos cerveza, tambien.
                  esta muy bueno.
                  Last edited by kimo55; February 11, 2005, 03:41 PM. Reason: elucidation, mi amigo

Comment

Left overs from dinner last night: Bacalao (cod fish) Salad, 2 scoops gandule rice from Auntie Lynn's Kitchen @ MWH! Have a great lunch everyone!

Comment

Teri burgers and fries from St. Louis Drive-In. The "Student Special" is my savior.
                      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Opa and caesar salad at Bluwater cafe.
                        and chimay beer. Want more than one beer with lunch, but fer some damn reason, as good as Bluwater cafe is, they adopt that infuriating habit of forgetting the table midway through the lunch. (dinner, too.)
                        You not only have to work to get the cheque... midmeal, ya gotta flag someone down and wait a while for a second drink.
                        They shouldn't show complacency once they have you captive...
                        This is the kinda thing that adds chinks to their armor and helps one decide... let's go elsewhere today. Bluwater seems as if they don't appreciate our hardearned money, or the fact there are other nearby places to go. Such as ChaChaCha salseria, for their ono burritos.
                        Or Da Shack for their daily half off burger specials and wild crowd.

Comment

Nigiri sushi, makezushi, inarizushi and Seattle roll (bought at the market), plus some home made shoyu poke.
                          Making kalua turkey and cabbage and mac salad for supper and just successfully test-baked some "western style" gien doi.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Black bean chicken, noodles, manapua and spring rolls from U Choice Drive Inn.

Comment

After many years, I went Clubbing and DANCING! I'm in pain...LUNCH is PHO' from Linh's on N. King Street. Everybody stands in line on River Street for PHO' but this place is mine and sevral other well known people's SECRET for years! Like the saying goes, "Never Judge Something from Their Cover"...it's what inside that counts. OwwwwwwAwwwwww...I am old! I'm going next weekend! Have a great Pro-Bowl Day!

Comment

Well, I made Oxtail Soup the other night so had some leftovers for lunch today!
                                Lovena

Comment

Working...
                                X