Menehune Man's New Ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Menehune Man's New Ride!

hi this is sansei and today i had my moped fixed up at my friend's shop in kapahulu and his mechanic did a fantastic job and it only costed my mom when she loaned me $110.00 and i only paid my friend $96.92 and it was very inexpensive and since my motor is rebuilt,i take it easy not to Throttle it and i come up hill's slowly so not to burn out the engine and it run's like a clock and so I Thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and since the time i had my moped fixed,it run's like a gem and i dont throttle it as much and only uphill's i do and i enjoy my moped and i dont take it for granted ever and my friend's shop in kapahulu did a fantastic job and the price was right and my friend said in 6 month's for my moped's annual checkup,i only have to have my airbox replaced and it wouldnt cost to much so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
        Eh, Menehune Man, how's that big bore kit doing? Fellow HT scooter riders want to know.
        Sweet! Lovin' it.
        It cost $200 parts and $100 labor, but well worth it.
        Now going up and over the Pali is fine.
        The moped runs at a steady 35 to 40 even on the steep grades.
        Also it doesn't sound like it's straining like before.

Cycle Imports on McCully is where I bought it from and take it to.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          Sweet! Lovin' it.
          It cost $200 parts and $100 labor, but well worth it.
          Now going up and over the Pali is fine.
          The moped runs at a steady 35 to 40 even on the steep grades.
          Also it doesn't sound like it's straining like before.

Cycle Imports on McCully is where I bought it from and take it to.
          35 to 40 up steep grades? Woohoooo! That means, what, 45 - 50 on the flats? Not bad atall! What size is this kit? Think I'll invest in one.

I don't need that kind of speed on the flats, as where I ride there's a fairly wide bike lane. I need that extra boost when coming up the hill into Wahiawa right after the bridge. I can get up to 40 getting down hill on the Waialua side of the bridge so I can keep up with traffic, but it slows down to 20 to 25 on the other side and I need to make that left turn at Kilani/Kam Hwy.

Do you know if they changed out the variator rollers? If so, what weight? Then again, it may have been part of the package also. Just like they'd almost surely have to include a larger main jet for the carb.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
            1)35 to 40 up steep grades? 2)What size is this kit?
            3)but it slows down to 20 to 25 on the other side

4)Do you know if they changed out the variator rollers? If so, what weight? Then again, it may have been part of the package also. Just like they'd almost surely have to include a larger main jet for the carb.
            1) Yep!
            2) Really don't know, didn't ask.
            3) That's what was happening on the Pali to me.
            4) Again, I don't know.

Comment

Here's me and my moped at the "Lanai Lookout" on my way around to "Sherwood Forest" in Waimanalo for a get together! Talk about being loaded down. Two cases of bottled water, lots of snacks and prizes for the games we played, and...

Sherwood Forest Beach Bash

Comment

hi this is sansei and to menehune man,very cool ride and it's nice to see someone who also ride's a moped and i think your moped is very cool!

Well thank's for your time:O)

Comment

Good lookin' ride, MM!
                  And I'm impressed with your packing abilities, too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hi this is sansei and on tuesday of next week,i'll be visiting my friend's moped shop on kapahulu and they will do my 6 month checkup and they have to change my air box and it'll cost some only i've saved up a bit to pay for it so when i return home,i'll post how it my 6 month checkup for my moped went.

Comment

Wow!.. nice one!! Garan's save money!

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just called my friend's moped shop in kapahulu and he the owner shared with me that my cost for my 6 month checkup with a new airbox would come out to be $160.00 plus tax and maybe one container of oil so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

hi this is sansei and a while ago,i came back from my friend's moped shop in kapahulu and they did a 6 month checkup and it only cost's me$60.00 plus oil and they shared with me that i need a new airbox which is connected to the moped and then i need new backbrake's which wouldnt cost me to much so maybe at the end of this month,i'll make one more appointment and then have them replace these two new thing's and my moped will run like new so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

What happened to your old airbox? or you talk about airfilter?

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to madrussian,i learned where the airbox is located and it's on the side where on a sym moped,it's next to the kickstand and it's the blackbox where it cover's like the pulley inside and the rubberpulley inside is rubber so if you go to yahoo and put in moped airbox and look under peugot airbox,you'll find what im sharing on this is about.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just learned from my friend's moped shop in kapahulu that he has the backbrake's only he's waiting for the airbox and it'll take a week or two before it come's so he my friend say's he'll call me when he'd be able to install it so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X