Slow airline decline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slow airline decline

In regards to advertising on planes, it can be done with decals I think. Hawaiian Airlines has in the past flown the Oakland Raiders NFL football team (Raiders logo on side of jet) and last year, I think they had one plane with the University of Hawaii logo on it when it became the charter airline to fly the football team to the Sugar Bowl last year.

Remember, airliners do spend many hours on the ground at various terminals across the nation and the world. They slowly taxi from one part of the airport to another.

Advertising may be something to look into. If not on the plane certainly more of it inside then, like ad panels on the sides of the inside luggage compartment doors, in the bathroom, wherever. They have a captured audience once airborne.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Staycation? Isn't that a song by The Go-Go's?
      "Vacation" is by The Go-Go's; "Staycation" is by The Stop-Stop's. Easy to confuse the two.

Note to Random: lucky you live Moloka`i - good reason to stay close to home, yeah?

Comment

Decades before "staycation" became part of the vernacular, I moved to my ultimate vacation destination. I have no desire to vacation...or live...anywhere else.

I don't think I did the quote thing right.....someday I'll get it....
        But I agree with Tutusue. I'm not living anywhere else and I hate to travel anywhere else. When the inevitable comes and my beloved mother finally leaves us I can stop traveling that 8 hours twice a year to the mainland and enjoy things here on vacation. What a joy it would be to be able to stay home for a whole week or two and just enjoy things here. I've never been to Europe and I have no interest in ever going.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
          In regards to advertising on planes, it can be done with decals I think. Hawaiian Airlines has in the past flown the Oakland Raiders NFL football team (Raiders logo on side of jet) and last year, I think they had one plane with the University of Hawaii logo on it when it became the charter airline to fly the football team to the Sugar Bowl last year.
          The Raiders??? Meh, coulda been worse, like the 49ers.

Originally posted by mel View Post
          Advertising may be something to look into. If not on the plane certainly more of it inside then, like ad panels on the sides of the inside luggage compartment doors, in the bathroom, wherever. They have a captured audience once airborne.
          If the inside turns into some like TheBus, I want a $40 monthly Air Pass.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            [...]Then again one airline company could be <something> and buy ad space on another airline company.[...]
            That wouldn't happen, Helen. Companies are very conscious of avoiding "product conflicts".

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              The Raiders??? Meh, coulda been worse, like the 49ers.

If the inside turns into some like TheBus, I want a $40 monthly Air Pass.
              Standing room only with handles to hold onto?
              Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
              Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post

Decades before "staycation" became part of the vernacular
                Staycation is creative. But, No made-up word can top Bradgelina.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Staycation is creative. But, No made-up word can top Bradgelina.
                  How 'bout...Benifer?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Note to Random: lucky you live Moloka`i - good reason to stay close to home, yeah?
                    I got a house here. No sense paying rent on Oahu.

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                      Standing room only with handles to hold onto?
                      That's what I usually do in a crowded bus. I'm lucky if I could find a seat. Even luckier if someone would sit next to me. Yeah, I'm that fugly.

Comment

GO RAIDERS !!!!

Can I get an "Amen"?
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

http://information.travel.aol.com/ar...097x1200364792

LA airport is going to see a 16.4 % reduction in the number of flights. "High fuel prices and travelers without extra cash for plane tickets will result in drastic cuts in the number of flights at Los Angeles International Airport."

It is expected that "American Airlines plans to eliminate 86 arrivals and departures at the airport per week in November, Delta plans to eliminate 68, United plans to cut 266 flights, and those big airlines' regional affiliates also plan to eliminate more than 1,200 weekly commuter flights at the airport".

The slow airline decline continues.
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            GO RAIDERS !!!!

Can I get an "Amen"?
                            Nope.

But at least I can tolerate Raiders fans. 49ers fans, not so much.

Comment

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...ING03/80915033

"United Airlines, the No. 2 U.S. carrier, is doubling the fee for checking a second bag on domestic flights to $50 each way, blaming higher jet-fuel costs."

Family of four. 10 day vacation. 2 luggages each. $400 extra fee!
                              Family discussion:
                              "Honey, we might as well just drive to San Diego and stay in a nice hotel there. Or, how about Disneyland?"
                              Tourism is going to be affected - anyone in the hotel or food industry, save your pennies now while you have them.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X