This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remembering Michael Qseng

Hey everyone -- nice to run into some of you here! But very sorry about why. I was surfing the web to find info on Michael and ended up on this site.

What a wonderful, crazy, lovely man Michael was! It was so hip to be into Morning Madness, I remember both busting out laughing and gasping at some of his antics. And yet he was, like Kimo said, so well-prepared...and a very giving person in his own, inimitable way. He and Sam were inseperable, it was always a blast spending time with them!

Ah, memories. Michael put the Q in KQMQ, that's for sure.

Hugs,
    Barb from Uncle Tom's

Comment

Originally posted by ninjadoll
      And yet he was, like Kimo said, so well-prepared...

uh, that would be kimonostereo.
      but mahalos fo da mention, anyway.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken wasn't Michael related to Marvin Buenconsejo of KHNL! I think they were cousins.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

this is my first post

just wanted to say Michael Qseng & Willie Moku where the Best at KQMQ. I met both, and they were very nice guys. My sister was a raving fan of Michael during her commute to town, and because I caught a ride to UH at the time, I sort of got hooked to his program and became a fan. I remember I used to win quite a lot because I got lucky. I also used to call in with my Dinosaur CELLFONE from GTE - the BIG motorola one, and I taped recorded many of my winnings and still have em on cassette tape with Michael's voice, along with Kari S., (and perhaps even Chris C. & Danielle T.) I still have several mugs somewhere in my things, which they gave along with my main prizes, and on the mug is his & Kari's cartoony faces on it

They were good folks, and I know my generation who are now on Hawaii radio waves, were definitely influenced by these legends. Mabuhay Michael and uncle Willie ! You guys did good by helping your listeners start and end their work & school day in a nice & fun way, and making each person's life that much better

* "Live long & healthy - exercise & eat a lot of greens, and much less meat"

Comment

ewa batman,

welcome to hawaiithreads.com! see you on the boards.

auntie lynn aka auntie pupule
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This thread is officially closed. Anyone wanting to send remembreances about Michael Qseng related to his radio career in Hawaii can send them by private message to me here at Hawaii Threads. The messages in this thread will be archived to the Hawaii Radio & Television Guide website. Thank you for your participation.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
              X