Bin Laden is DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan: Good or Bad?

I've been listening to/watching some of the Bin Laden commentary, and trying to understand the media concentration on accusations and recriminations toward Pakistan. It's evident that to some extent and on some level, the US was given cooperation, and I would have expected the general sentiment, since we won, to be along the lines, hey, see how good it can be for you to help us out? Let's see even more of that going forward.

Instead, I hear: No matter how much you do for us, we'll dislike and distrust you. I just don't see the point. Are Americans totally concentrated on this backward-looking enterprise of choosing up sides? Who are our friends and who our enemies? IMO, that's not what counts. Who will be our friends? That's what's important.
    Greg

Comment

Re: Bin Laden is DEAD!

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      Why are some people so reluctant to give most of the credit to our sitting President Obama? He acted like a matapule to make the tough decisions to make this happen. If this mission had failed, who would have been blamed - American intelligence and American foreign policy?
      Obama didn't personally kill Bin Laden, just like Bin Laden didn't fly a plane. It is leadership, and it works or it doesn't.
      Last edited by TATTRAT; May 4, 2011, 01:07 PM.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Re: Pakistan: Good or Bad?

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
        Are Americans totally concentrated on this backward-looking enterprise of choosing up sides? Who are our friends and who our enemies? IMO, that's not what counts. Who will be our friends? That's what's important.
        With awareness of what we do to make enemies, perhaps?

On a related topic, I am pleased that the administration has decided that the photos of bin Laden taken immediately after he was killed will remain classified, and not be released publicly.

Comment

I've been listening to/watching some of the Bin Laden commentary, and trying to understand the media concentration on accusations and recriminations toward Pakistan. It's evident that to some extent and on some level, the US was given cooperation, and I would have expected the general sentiment, since we won, to be along the lines, hey, see how good it can be for you to help us out? Let's see even more of that going forward.

Instead, I hear: No matter how much you do for us, we'll dislike and distrust you. I just don't see the point. Are Americans totally concentrated on this backward-looking enterprise of choosing up sides? Who are our friends and who our enemies? IMO, that's not what counts. Who will be our friends? That's what's important.
          Look, cinema is a huge money making industry; especially action movies. Action movies can't function without a believable bad guy that the viewers can relate to. Can't use Russians anymore, this ain't the 80s. Can't use the Chinese cause we need their money too much. . . and people are getting tired of zombies and aliens. In short, we need someone to distrust and hate in order to keep action-movie-summer-blockbuster-conveyors running at full speed. So we always have to have a badguy.
          Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
            In short, we need someone to distrust and hate in order to keep action-movie-summer-blockbuster-conveyors running at full speed. So we always have to have a badguy.
            It is interesting to note that Superman has renounced his US citizenship in the latest comic book so he can be an International crime fighter (I kid you not, Google it)! And who is Superman going after now? Well it is Middle Easterners and not necessarily overt terrorists. Middle Easterners and Muslims are the new boogie men of the world and that is a shame to typecast all of them in the same mold. Most are law abiding, peaceful world residents. In the City of Abbottabad (founded by the British thus the name Abbottsville) both Muslims and a sizable Christian population live side by side in peace. And if memory serves me correct, Jesus was a Middle Easterner.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Your patience in leading me toward the light is admirable.
              I feel like Yoda - know the truth and the truth shall set you free. Turn off the "Liar, liar, pants on fire" TV network.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

In the City of Abbottabad (founded by the British thus the name Abbottsville) both Muslims and a sizable Christian population live side by side in peace.
                lol. . . I just got a mental picture of a one of Osama's neighbors talking to reporters; "They seemed like such a quiet family, the bin Ladens, pretty much kept to themselves behind their 18' walls topped with barbed wire, we never thought. . . You just never expect this sort of thing so close to home. Ya know?"

Comment

flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Haha
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                    "
                    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

lol. . . I just got a mental picture of a one of Osama's neighbors talking to reporters; "They seemed like such a quiet family, the bin Ladens, pretty much kept to themselves behind their 18' walls topped with barbed wire, we never thought. . . You just never expect this sort of thing so close to home. Ya know?"
                      Kinda like this?

http://blog.seattlepi.com/davidhorse...mystery-guest/

Comment

And if memory serves me correct, Jesus was a Middle Easterner.
                        But, He was neither Christian nor Muslim, but Jewish.
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

And who is Superman going after now? Well it is Middle Easterners and not necessarily overt terrorists. Middle Easterners and Muslims are the new boogie men of the world and that is a shame to typecast all of them in the same mold. Most are law abiding, peaceful world residents.
                          It hurts when I do this.
                          Then, don't do that.
                          It hurts when being profiled as terrorists after same ethnic group commits terror on innocent people.
                          Then, don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            It hurts when I do this.
                            Then, don't do that.
                            It hurts when being profiled as terrorists after same ethnic group commits terror on innocent people.
                            Then, don't do that.

There appears to be a flaw in this logic.
                            If you can find it, you win a prize!

Comment

There appears to be a flaw in this logic.
                              If you can find it, you win a prize!
                              There's no 'if' to make it an if-then argument, 'terrorist' is not an ethnicity, and no one is innocent?
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Where's the photo proof of the death of Bin Laden? I guess we'll just have to take him and his people's word for it.

It was ok for Uday and Qusay Hussien wasn't it? I don't understand what Obama's problem is. Why is he placing Al Quada's and Al Quada supporter's piece of mind above that of Americans, in particular those who lost a loved one on 9-11. Bush released Uday and Qusay's bloody picts to help bring closure to the many Iraqi families that had someone that was hurt or killed by them. Obama refuses to give closure to his own Americans so as not to offend Al Quada. As if they won't attack Americans every chance they could get already.

After Obama finally did something right, he ruins it by respecting Al Quada sensabilities, not wanting to injure their pride too much, and bending to their whims. Boooooo. He's trying to get in touch with Al Quada's "softer side" -what a fool.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X