This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rail Transit

hi this is cyn and i'm up really late tonight cause i have INsomnia and i think rail would be great when i was a Freshman, at UH my econ prof was against it and showed us number's why it was bad but, i didn't believe him but thats okay i met my college boyfriend in that class And it takes so much effort to write this way it Hurts.

well, thank's for nothing
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

• on our soon to be rail tranisit

hi this is sansei and it's good to hear that soon we'll have our railtransit and it'll be good since we wont have trafficgridlock after this and i once again applaud our mayor on this and if this goes as the mayor planned,even i who ride's a Moped wont have to sit in Traffic Gridlock and that's not fun.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

• Re: on our soon to be rail tranisit

I guess you didn't read this article:
        http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...802100361.html
        Transit system likely won't improve traffic
        just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

So this is a done deal? What land are they going to use? I hope it wont be too obtrusive.

Comment

It's not even close to a done deal, but it is gaining momentum.

Comment

The train will not reduce traffic congestion. It is a waste of tax money.

HonoluluTraffic.com
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Stupid plan, and a complete waste of several billion dollars.
                Only way to reduce traffic is a) limit the number of cars allowed on the island, b) implement staggered work hours wherever possible, and most importantly c) redesign and rebuild the ridiculously stupid arrangement of on- and off-ramps on our freeways.
                Currently, most are in an X design, where cars come onto the freeway just before where cars get off. That's what slows traffic horribly and also causes lots of accidents as people try to change lanes.
                That's bass ackwards. Much more logical to use a > pattern, where cars get off the freeways before encountering cars getting on.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to Likanui.i disagree is that What i believe your saying is that Elevated Highway's or toll highway's dont work since it's been tried in the Mainland and even one collapsed and the one in san francisco doesnt work either is that the price of the fare keeps going up and that's not good and what we do need is the railtransit and it truly work's since i've been in san francisco and i rode it and it's quick to get from one place to another so I hope this may help with your thought's?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    Stupid plan, and a complete waste of several billion dollars.
                    Only way to reduce traffic is a) limit the number of cars allowed on the island, b) implement staggered work hours wherever possible, and most importantly c) redesign and rebuild the ridiculously stupid arrangement of on- and off-ramps on our freeways.
                    Currently, most are in an X design, where cars come onto the freeway just before where cars get off. That's what slows traffic horribly and also causes lots of accidents as people try to change lanes.
                    That's bass ackwards. Much more logical to use a > pattern, where cars get off the freeways before encountering cars getting on.
                    while i think that rail is a good option for honolulu (and therefore disagree with you on that, likanui), i wholeheartedly and without reservation completely agree with you on the absolutely and shamefully poorly designed state of our freeways, esp through honolulu proper. anyone who's driven in other parts of the world where freeways are designed in what you call a > format knows it is much more efficient and safer.

i may have mentioned this before--but do any HTers know if something eric heard is true? that the designer of the honolulu part of the freeway killed himself over the ignominy over it? i looked online before for info on it, but never found anything to corroborate what he heard.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                      [...]that the designer of the honolulu part of the freeway killed himself over the ignominy over it?[...]
                      I have no idea, cyn, but, thanks to you, I learned a new word today!

Comment

I believe the rail concept is great but in usual island politics, the execution of the plan is being bumbled. We need to get more private investment involved. And we need to resolve the Salt Lake route, since the state is upgrading HNL, can't the city work with the state in building a people mover from airport to the closest planned Salt Lake station?

Comment

yes the rail is a nice "Concept", but it's not going to get enough cars off the road to make the kind of difference people who support the rail are wanting...

Most major cities that have a rail of some sort still have terrible traffic on the highways. people like driving their cars even if they find themselves sitting in traffic.

For the price, the hawaii rail is much wasted tax payer money. sure there will be people that ride it, mostly people taking theBus, but in the long run it's a big misappropriation of funds.
                          website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                          blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

It amazes me how many people are deluded into thinking that rail is going to stop people from using their cars to drive to work. In all the cities on the mainland where rail has been built, rail did nothing to improve traffic congestion. Honolulu will not be any different.

It is an absolutely epic waste of money.

The money could be much better spent on things like a tunnel or bridge under/over Pearl Harbor to Ewa, or extending the airport viaduct down Nimitz Hwy. Such projects *will* improve traffic congestion, but our mayor isn't smart enough to see that.

At 5 billion dollars, this boondoggle is going to cost each family in Hawaii over $20,000, to include neighbor island familys who will not get any benefit from rail.

Comment

It is claimed that this thing will cost 4.5 BILLION, right? so....in Hawiian/unionspeak this translates to......maybe 6 BILLION?!

I'm moving to the mainland, I swear...first chance I get to sell this place and scadoodle, lol.
                              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                                It is claimed that this thing will cost 4.5 BILLION, right? so....in Hawiian/unionspeak this translates to......maybe 6 BILLION?!

HonoluluTraffic.com's Cliff Slater stated that the cost to build rail is close to $6.4 billion!

More at HonoluluTraffic.com
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X