Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gas Prices

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    At Costco Gas this morning, $3.83/gallon.
    Wow, Costco is only two cents cheaper than one of the Aloha Gas stations over here in Kaneohe?! (The one between Burger King and the VCA animal hospital, near the intersection of Kam Highway and Likelike Highway.) I'm surprised at that. And pleased, of course.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      A liter is .43 gallons. At the moment, a euro is $2.35. I suck at math, but that's gotta be about $5 a gallon, right?
      A liter is 0.26 gallons, not 0.43. And as of this morning, a Euro is $1.44, not $2.35. SusieMisajon is paying over $9/gal for her gas.

I was in Germany a month ago, and gas there is about the same.

Comment

Ref: COSTCO v. Aloha Gas
        If you get an Aloha Gas "Magic" (credit) card, you get an immediate 5 cents a gallon discount at the pump, and another 3 cents a gallon discount/credit if you pay your cc bill by the 20th of the month - which makes Aloha a better deal (for the moment, anyway - since there is often a bigger-than-2-cents differential between COSTCO and Aloha).

Apologies if this is repeated info - may have been noted already.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Today, May 31, it's down to $3.85. That's a 64-cent drop in 18 days.
          And today, June 3, it's down another two cents to $3.83.
          A 66-cent drop in 21 days, for those keeping track.

And Kimo, the prices I''m giving are just the regular prices. I don't have the Aloha Gas card for that extra discount. But thanks for reminding me/us!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Prices going down across America, but not here.
            "The national average for regular unleaded gasoline is $3.51 per gallon, down from a high of $3.98 in early May. Last week's plunge in oil prices could push the average to $3.25 per gallon by November, analysts say." From Yahoo Finance http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-up...21792.html?x=0

But Hawai'i on the other hand...
            "According to AAA, Hawaii's average price of regular unleaded Monday was $4.24 a gallon, making Hawaii the only state above $4." From Bloomberg Business week http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D9Q0T6LO1.htm
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Yeah, well. West Texas Intermediate is much cheaper than other oil prices because of limited storage capacity. We don't receive WTI oil because it's not economical to ship it here. So, we're getting more expensive oil, making for more expensive prices, even before you factor in the higher ethanol handling and production costs (no economies of scale for our refineries).
              Last edited by salmoned; September 29, 2011, 11:45 AM.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                I guess I'm a ludite, but I don't understand the concept. Why would I spend $300 on a phone and $60 to $100 a month on an iphone or android data plan to save $5 per month on gasoline by purchasing someplace other than Costco.

I have a "pay-as-you-go" old fashioned cel phone with no camera, no G3, no wifi, and when I don't use it, it costs me nothing. I got the phone for free when I signed up for my "no contract" plan. It works great!

I know, I'm stupid about these new fangled things. Somebody please educate me.

You and me both! I understand them, I just don't get why someone would want to pay the prices they command for them and to use them.
                I pay 30 bucks for 1000 voice and text a month and however much data which I rarely use. I started with the basic flip phone for like 30 bucks but texting without a keyboard like that was gonna drive me insane so I bumped it up to a 90 dollar one I think it was and I have had it for over a year now.
                If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Oh yeah, and I paid 3.08 a gallon yesterday to go to the state fair.
                  If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3...rom-school-bus

Gas price. Free.
                    User fee. Damage to your nervous system and lungs.

Comment

ga$ is right where it was in '11 $3+ https://www.google.com/search?q=gas+...client=gws-wiz
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                      X