This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

Finding white paint splatters on my car's headlights, hood, windshield, and bumper. The manager and maintenance people are denying it but it wasn't here before. My pet peeve is people who can't own up when they do wrong. Cowards.

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Twice, my kitten waited until after I cleaned his litter box before he immediately took another poop. He plans it, I'm sure...

Comment

Originally posted by ploal5333 View Post
      Finding white paint splatters on my car's headlights, hood, windshield, and bumper. The manager and maintenance people are denying it but it wasn't here before. My pet peeve is people who can't own up when they do wrong. Cowards.
      I had something similar happen before I moved a couple of months ago. I had an exterior parking stall at my old office and I found something similar to what you found, but more of a fine mist than splatters. Turned out it was overspray from the condo building in the midst of being constructed across the street. Grrrr...

And, yes, people who refuse to own their mistakes are also a pet peeve of mine. Double Grrr...

Comment

I hate having to find computer drivers. I had to go through tons of hoops to find the name of the components on my laptop (using CPU-Z) then googling the drivers.

(don't worry, everything I learn at home I'll apply at my work)
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by MatildaRose View Post
          Twice, my kitten waited until after I cleaned his litter box before he immediately took another poop. He plans it, I'm sure...
          Well...wouldn't you flush an unflushed filthy toilet before using it too?
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I hate radio and TV commercials that have the sound of a phone ringing. Even if it's not the same ring as my phone, I still want to get up and answer it!

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
              I hate radio and TV commercials that have the sound of a phone ringing.
              I absolutely agree. And I'll add that back in my radio daze days, we refused to run any commercial that had the sound of a siren in it, because every time I heard a siren I pulled my vehicle over to the side of the road.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                I absolutely agree. And I'll add that back in my radio daze days, we refused to run any commercial that had the sound of a siren in it, because every time I heard a siren I pulled my vehicle over to the side of the road.
                When I worked at KGU back in the early 80's we were told not to produce any spots with the sounds of tire screeching, auto accidents or emergency sirens because of that reaction from our mobile listeners.

Comment

I went in panic when I didn't see my drivers license in the usual place today. Turns out it was in my wallet, but in a different place.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

In these days of rampant identity theft, I think it is only natural to be in a state of panic if your wallet is missing. Many people have their ID cards (driver license, soc. security card, [should not be there]) and other types of cards such as credit and debit which thieves can instantly use to cause more damage to your life than a lot of other things.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      When I worked at KGU back in the early 80's we were told not to produce any spots with the sounds of tire screeching, auto accidents or emergency sirens because of that reaction from our mobile listeners.
                      At work our office manager has KSSK on and it's far enough away from me that I can't really hear what they're saying on the radio. But there is this commercial that uses the civil defense buzzes and it upsets me for about two-three seconds before I realize that it isn't really an emergency. Do I know what the commercial is for? NO. Do I want to know? No. And if I ever do find out, I will never buy the product it's supposed to inspire me to buy. Add to the list of sounds that shouldn't be used for commercial profit those used for civil defense emergencies.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                        But there is this commercial that uses the civil defense buzzes and it upsets me for about two-three seconds before I realize that it isn't really an emergency.
                        I listen to KSSK in the morning and I haven't heard that. Sure you aren't hearing the RWT - Required Weekly Test? It IS the Civil Defense buzzes - 3 long, 3 short, just like the real one. Just nobody talking between the sets of 3.

I think the RMT - Required Monthly Test, is done in a half hour before the siren test.

Comment

My pet peeve tonight?

When organizers of an event don't have their act together!

They don't let personnel know "what and when" things are happening,
                          'Cause they're not even sure themselves!

What a bummer. Sure makes for misunderstandings.

I went in to work tonight (supposed to be off) to help my guys,
                          but left after a couple of hours due to frustration.

The good part?
                          I've got a Heineken in my hand as I write this!!!
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                            I listen to KSSK in the morning and I haven't heard that. Sure you aren't hearing the RWT - Required Weekly Test? It IS the Civil Defense buzzes - 3 long, 3 short, just like the real one. Just nobody talking between the sets of 3.

I think the RMT - Required Monthly Test, is done in a half hour before the siren test.
                            I think it's for some kind of auto sale, but I will listen more carefully. Right or wrong, I'll respond next time I hear it. If I knew it to be a weekly test, I certainly wouldn't have btchedi about it.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Here's a good one. On Saturday my wife was in line at Go to fly to Hilo from Honolulu. She was next in line to check in when the people at the check in counter started asking for passengers for all other flights to come up and check in. After a few passengers went ahead of my wife, she walked up to the counter and asked what was going on.

The person at the counter said her flight to Hilo was cancelled, meanwhile that particular flight was to have boarded by then. People flying to Hilo were a bit frustrated at the delays but were never told their flight was cancelled until my wife turned around and told everybody in line behind her that the Hilo flight was nixed, even though the flight schedules on the monitors still indicated that particular Go flight was "On Schedule"

They told her she can get a confirmed flight on the 11:30 am flight and could go standby on the 9:30 flight but because she was changing flights she was going to be charged $20 for the change. Upset? She bluntly told them it wasn't her fault Go cancelled her flight so she shouldn't have to pay that charge. They rescinded almost immediately.

She accepted the standby offer and the 11:30 Confirmation flight and was able to get to Hilo on the 9:30 flight. She and only another passenger were able to get on that flight. When she landed in Hilo there were a lot of people waiting for their loved ones who apparently were never told the flight was cancelled.

Way to go...Go! Go should have given her a free ticket at that point.

Comment

Working...
                              X