This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 8

El Puerco Lloron, Pike Place Market - Taquitos de pollo.

Comment

Some kind of pork chop with steamed veggies and brown rice, plus a bottle of water, from the HCC cafeteria (thanks for lunch, Helen!). I know it's a student-run thing, but man. The veggies were limp and kind of cold (and had obviously been frozen), and the rice was a bit on the hard side (I know some people like brown rice that way, and I'm fine with it, so no biggie), but the pork chop was quite good. The company made it a good lunch.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Your welcome! I had a tuna sandwich and a couple bottles of water due to I just came from a dentist appointment earlier in the morning and the area around my nose was numb at the time.

Comment

Jumbo Jack and Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack-in-the-Box and a can of Mountain Dew from a vending machine.

Comment

Plate lunch from U-Choice Drive Inn.

Comment

A plate of great memories with a glass of tears.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                A plate of great memories with a glass of tears.
                Let us know when you are ready for dessert, Pomai. But not too soon --- you have to complete your bittersweet meal, before you can move to the next course. There will be plenty waiting for you, though.

Comment

The wife and baby and I joined our very own glossyp for lunch at La Pizza Rina on S. King St., a couple of doors down from Sushi Sasabune. Decent Italian food is famously hard to find in Hawaii, but La Pizza Rina's pretty darn good.

We shared antipasto, ravioli, a 12" cold sub, a medium pizza... the Italian dressing in the antipasto and sub was great (for a very reasonable $6.75), the marinara sauce was wonderful (not overpowering), and the pizza was great (the cheese was perfect, though it was not "New York style"). I used to not be an antipasto fan (especially after a disastrous turn at Castagnola's in Hawaii Kai), but it was my favorite dish there.

Comment

Homemade tri-tip sandwhich with mayo. sweet mustard and hot kimchee w/a tall can of arizona green tea
                    Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

Working...
                    X