Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sin taxes

Originally posted by dick View Post
    Perhaps all us "sinners" should take a month or so off from the "sins" and see how that affects the budget.
    Oh, they'd just come up with some other way of draining the tax-paying public. Like I said in an earlier post, they want your money folks!
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Sin taxes??

I thought "Sex at noon taxes" - but maybe I read it backwards. (sexat noon ta xeS ?)

Plus:
      "However, I believe that those things or activities that when consumed or done do increase the burden on the health care system in the long run such as motorcycle riders w/o helmets," (quoting Stinky)

I think dying from a head injury is cheaper than getting patched up in the hospital for over 6 months from seriously broken bones.... (been there, done that), and I always wonder if I hadn't been wearing a helmet maybe I would have seen or heard the 'cage' that ran me over, and been able to avoid it.
      Haven't had an accident since I stopped wearing a helmet.
      But, in my 'cage' I have always worn a seat belt, even before they were required.
      Last edited by Kaonohi; March 29, 2009, 03:36 PM. Reason: Attribution of quote
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        I think dying from a head injury is cheaper than getting patched up in the hospital for over 6 months from seriously broken bones...
        Oh riiight, good point. I was actually thinking like the rider w/o a helmet ending up a vegetable/being brain damaged and needing care the rest of his life.

That must have been some wreck! Someone just plowed into you!?
        What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Working...
        X