This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 6

Mini-plate of pot roast, mash potatoes, mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 7

BBQ Mixed plate and root beer from L&L. I never ate so much meat in one sitting!
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

VERY spicy chicken teriyaki.

Comment

The Lunch of Champions

Wow! Had the Roselani's Pumpkin Pecan ice cream at Scoops in Aina Haina Shopping Center. (In a cup, not a cone, because I'm trying to watch my girlish figure.)

If you like the Pumpkin Crunch dessert at Starbucks, you'll love this ice cream flavor. The wife had the Kona Mud Pie ice cream and she said it was good, too. But I couldn't be bothered with distracting my tastebuds from the goodness they were experiencing.

Ice cream is my weakness.

Comment

I'm quite proud of myself. I've started bringing lunch from home. Much as I love the food options downtown, I found I wasn't always making the healthiest choice, and even the "cheapest" choice wasn't that cheap. So, whenever possible, it's leftovers or something simple like soup and crackers.

I do miss my Subway subs... so we'll see how long this lasts, or if it becomes a real New Year's resolution! Hey, this year's was "cut down soda," and I did -- went from three cans of full-test Coke a day to maybe one Diet Coke. I'm just as likely to just have water on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              I do miss my Subway subs... so we'll see how long this lasts
              Make it a treat for yourself, Pz. As a reward for bringing lunch in, allow yourself a trip to Subway once a week, for example. You'll get to enjoy the taste you miss, you'll still be saving money, and it's good behavior to reward yourself on occasion.

Comment

Re: The Lunch of Champions

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
                Wow! Had the Roselani's Pumpkin Pecan ice cream at Scoops in Aina Haina Shopping Center.[...]
                <droooooooooooooool>
                I love pumpkin anything and am so disappointed that Jamba Juice discontinued their pumpkin smash smoothie...altho' Randy said that flavor is available in Kailua! It's not in the Ward complex area, nor Kapolei. But...pumpkin pecan ice cream??? Oh my, that could almost make me drive from Makaha to Aina Haina. Almost, but not quite! Next time I'm in town, tho', I am sooooo there! Thanks for the heads up, Paul!

Comment

Hamburger steak, brown rice and mixed veggies with a bottle of water.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    I'm quite proud of myself. I've started bringing lunch from home. Much as I love the food options downtown, I found I wasn't always making the healthiest choice, and even the "cheapest" choice wasn't that cheap. So, whenever possible, it's leftovers or something simple like soup and crackers.[...]
                    Do you have a nuker in your office, Ryan? If so, you've got it made! I'm lucky enough to have, in addition to the nuker, a refrig w/freezer. When I cook at home I cook in bulk, freeze in individual portions then load the office freezer. Since I moved into that office over 9 years ago, I rarely go out for lunch except for client lunch meetings. Eating out 5 days a week is just too expensive, imnsho!

Comment

Thanks, Leo... there will be periodic treats... but even going from five lunches out a week to two or one will hopefully mean a substantial change in my health, budget, and "free" time (though "lunch" is now something I can do while working)!

Not only do we have a full-sized shared fridge, 2-2, but also a fully functional kitchen. Some of my coworkers cook lunch every day. They're largely my inspiration. Seems a waste to not take advantage of the facilities.

Today was a pseudo-treat... it was leftovers, but from a dinner out last night (that my mother-in-law treated my wife and kids to). So, to get back on topic, my answer for today is, a Ruby Tuesday's burger and fries (re-crisped in a toaster oven)!

Comment

Re: The Lunch of Champions

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
                        I'm trying to watch my girlish figure.
                        Yeah, so am I, but the "girl" is Roseanne Barr. Or Kirstie Alley. Or Anna Nicole, back in the day.

That's why I thoroughly enjoyed my loco moco with extra gravy today. Damn the calories... full speed ahead!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Noodles, Orange Chicken and Black Bean Beef at the L&L Drive Inn in Kapaa. Also had a large Mountain Dew.

Comment

Whoa - long time I neva post! So I'll start with my favorite subject - food!
                            After all the Christmas goodies, back on diet again. Spinch Salad, vinegrette dressing. Diet Coke.
                            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Leftovers:
                              Homemade roasted eggplant lasagna and homemade Italian wedding soup with meatballs. My neighbor blessed me with an abundance of eggplant from her garden. The week previous I gave her three pounds of shrimp from work. It's nice to treat your neighbors, especially during the holidays!
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

fried cheddarwurst sausage, homefried potatoes and a half gallon of whole milk...i've finally started cooking meals again, and only after 4 months in my new place...
                                Don't be mean,
                                try to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X