Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horrible commercial

Originally posted by BKHale2007
    The commercial I really don't like is the Road Runner technician spot. He's boring his date with his virtuous proclamations of loving to shop for women's shoes, volunteering at the hospital, etc. Then he reveals he's a Road Runner technician. She pretends to be suddenly amorous, just to get him to fix her computer. Then, when he says he's finished: Thanks, can you see your way out? What a user.

and he's an, uuhh. "enabler"
    wet noodle.
    wuss.
    whipped.
    guhlee mahn. as ahnowd would say.
    we decimated this commercial a lil while back, too.

(http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=543
    half way.)
    Last edited by kimo55; April 11, 2005, 08:21 AM.

Comment

another horrible commercial:
      Burger King

Where the tall guy makes the short guy act like a fool to "reel in" his BK fish.
      I think that is degrading and makes me mad every time I see it.

Did any one notice that the BK commercial with the black guy in a cowboy hat singing, all the guys are black and most of the girls are white? I'm not racist, but it seemed like a strange demographic to me.

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNSoKona
        Where the tall guy makes the short guy act like a fool to "reel in" his BK fish I think that is degrading and makes me mad every time I see it.

yea. that, as mentioned before, is a new trend taken up by all ad agencies; emulating the insulting prank, girls behaving badly, ridicule everything trend in tv shows and entertainment in general.
        too bad.

Did any one notice that the BK commercial with the black guy in a cowboy hat singing, all the guys are black and most of the girls are white? I'm not racist, but it seemed like a strange demographic to me.
        no, never saw that one yet. but vive la integracion, eh!?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          no, never saw that one yet. but vive la integracion, eh!?
          Kimo, yes you have. That's the same commercial we've been laughing over in the "The Breasts They Grow On Trees" thread. And I know you've watched that one.

Comment

We are Kaiser Permanente. Live and thrive! yeah right!

On another thread, the question was HMSA or Kaiser Permanente. I was a strong supporter. I've been a member many years and had nothing gone wrong. Today, I'm suffering and it may be permanent.

Horrible commercial? Anything that mentions or is about Kaiser Permanente! Auwe or in my case Owweeeee!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Are we judging companies or their ads? Both, I guess.

I like Kaiser, having been an HMSA guy most of my life. And those "Live Long and Thrive" ads? I've seen much worse. I like the voice (Allison Janey?), the simple music, and the soliloquy is clever enough without being smirky. The one that ends with the beaming pediatrician? Love it.

I forgot one ad that really chaps my hide. It's for L.A. Weight Loss Centers. Like all weight loss ads, it features a spokeswoman who's actually a paid spokesperson rather than a customer, supposedly reading "real" customer testimonials. But what crosses the line is the "Before and After" photos they show. While any weight loss program could probably work a little to find a customer who'd make a good visual like that, the L.A. Weight Loss Centers ads fake it! There's fine print when the "Before and After" shots come up that say, "Photo digitally manipulated to simulate excessive weight" or something like that.

Sure, the twist is that they're faking the "Before" (stretching it out) rather than the "After" but it's pretty dishonest.
              Last edited by pzarquon; April 11, 2005, 06:26 PM.

Comment

The worst commercial has to be the Oceanic Keiki Club commercial. It is the same worn out commercial that airs day in and day out randomly on oceanic channels. I hope that the parents of that commercial had the contract based on # of times aired.
                May God bless those who love us. And those who do not love us, may He turn their hearts. And if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Are we judging companies or their ads? Both, I guess.

I like Kaiser, having been an HMSA guy most of my life. And those "Live Long and Thrive" ads? I've seen much worse. I like the voice (Allison Janey?), the simple music, and the soliloquy is clever enough without being smirky. The one that ends with the beaming pediatrician? Love it.
                  Of course, the ironic thing is, the first time I saw that commercial was while I was working out...in HMSA's employee fitness center.

But in my opinion (and before I say another word, the standard disclaimer applies...I speak for myself, not my company), I'm surprised no one brought up "93/7" here...
                  http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Originally posted by Keith H.
                    I'm surprised no one brought up "93/7" here...
                    As a seperate thread in another forum yeah, was around last summer when they first started to appear on various media (newspapers and TV). For me I didn't think it was horrible, more mysterious. I thought it was the start of another local radio station.

In any event I think I have seen about one 93|7 ad in the last couple of months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by hitech redneck
                      The worst commercial has to be the Oceanic Keiki Club commercial. It is the same worn out commercial that airs day in and day out randomly on oceanic channels. I hope that the parents of that commercial had the contract based on # of times aired.

yea. would like to see the script on that throwaway piece of...

"What's so keeseecod?

"I'm veshmutchafuuush.."

"Mommymommymoommy!"

Comment

Is this the horrible commercial thread? I don't like the fat guy on the Well Patches commercial singing. Uuugh, can even see his bottom stomach a peek. Guy looks like a fool danceing and singing for "Well Patch"!
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          Is this the horrible commercial thread? I don't like the fat guy on the Well Patches commercial singing. Uuugh, can even see his bottom stomach a peek. Guy looks like a fool danceing and singing for "Well Patch"!

translayyyshunnn, please?!

Comment

I PM Ryan eariler this evening about this situation and suggested to move responses #48 and later to some other forum in HawaiiThreads.
                            Ryan, we have a situation, here!

Let's keep this topic back to "Horrible Commericals".
                            uh, yea. that's what I said!

(topic's been played out by now. we covered the ground.)

oh, yea. any time-warner cable commercial.
                            One where the guy is watching football. Camera framed on only his hands wiggling, then shooting outward. strange.
                            and freeky people. ohohohooo.

Many of the tmobile "toke anytime" catherine zeta jones.
                            except the one where the family is talking like auctioneers. that one is well done. Funny.
                            and check da marquee behind the teenage girl:
                            4 finger poi
                            it sez.

oh, and the latest
                            I'm Jellin
                            scholls commercials.
                            not right. kid's baseball crashes thru window, straight into new plasma TV on the wall. shatters it.
                            Kid apologizes, Dude sez;
                            No worries ya cute lil brat. It's just my new plasma TV.
                            Oh you must be jellin, kid sez.

OK; this teaches kids it's ok to damage 5000.00 worth of new electronics as long as ya give the guy a 2.99 pair of insoles first.

it also teaches spoiled yuppies to NOT wring lil vandal's necks if and when they happen to be in the opportune vicinity of inches away from yer two hands.

aaaand I'm spent.
                            Last edited by admin; April 13, 2005, 09:04 AM. Reason: Split thread per request.

Comment

That hearing aid aid commercial...what the heck are they laughing about?

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

can't recall the hearing aid commercial, but by and large, I don't like the reactions of "actors" on many commercials:
                                That one where the low oil lite comes on as the family drives the blvd. then at a stoplight, the engine shakes itself outta the suv, and bounces down to the nearest oil change place.
                                The mom and family are doing nothing more then looking slightly concerned at a point over the hood.
                                as if a dog were wandering across the road.
                                An engine popping out and taking off requires much more than a dumb deadpan expression, which seems to be the nonactor's response to anything in all commercials.
                                And, no, I don't believe the nonexpressiveness adds to the comedic touch of the commercial.
                                They need more reaction.
                                Fire them all and get real actors.

Comment

Working...
                                X