This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 8

After making it most of the week on leftovers, I splurged today and got a ham sandwich from Subway (the discounted daily special) as I headed off to the monthly Bytemarks geek lunch.

Comment

I was running a little late for the Bytemarks lunch and did a quick pit stop at ACE Express to get my fix of Zippy's chili and rice. I don't know what it is about Zippy's chili but I never get tired of it.
      Last edited by Quark; June 29, 2006, 09:48 PM.
      Check out Bytemarks the blog and Bytemarks the Yahoogroup

Comment

Squid luau, or maybe it was Octopus luau. (Just teasing, Auntie Lynn, I could not resist!) Happy eats!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
          Squid luau, or maybe it was Octopus luau. (Just teasing, Auntie Lynn, I could not resist!) Happy eats!
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tOO FUNNY ~ indeed!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

My opu is Stuffed.

I went to Tamashiro Market and purshased the following:

2 akules which I fried.

1 bag poi.

1/2 lb. of shoyu ahi poki with onion.

1/4 lb. raw crab. (yeah, I know it's bad foa me)

6 pieces of aku eggs which I fried in batter.

MAMA and I ate it all!

Oh! I drank a can of iced cold Coca -Cola!
            (I wuz thinking of you Lurkah)

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Mashed potatoes with fried onions on top, hamburger steak, and little green peas cooked with carrots. For desert we had frozen bananas dipped in chocolate sauce, rolled in coconut, and frozen some more. Milk to drink.
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

BBQ chicken, rice, mac salad, kim chee and a bottle of water.

Comment

BBQ hot dog with cheese, cheeseburger and a Diet Coke from W&M Burgers.

Comment

• W&M on Waialae Ave.

Originally posted by helen
                    BBQ hot dog with cheese, cheeseburger and a Diet Coke from W&M Burgers.
                    Not so fast, Helen. There's lotsa' Hot Dog & Hamburger enthusiasts around here that would appreciate more details than that, including myself.

Was it good? Great?

I've only been there several times - last, over a year ago, and thought they were just O.K. Then again, I'm not a teriyaki burger fan, which is what they're known for. I had NO IDEA (didn't take notice) that hot dogs were also on their menu. Interesting.

I still can't fathom why so many people consume such rich food, then wash it down with a DIET soda. Thank goodness there isn't a Diet Mountain Dew. Or is there?
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Double-crust chicken pie, made with leftover roast chicken from the night before...chicken, peas, onions, carrots, and parsley, in a white sauce made with the drippings from the roasting pan, home-made crust...flour, butter, baking powder, egg yolk and cream. This is one of our favorite dishes, and sometimes I roast an extra chicken or two, just so that I can make more chicken pies, and freeze them. Milk to drink.

Dessert was milkshake...frozen strawberries and bananas blended with yoghurt, milk, and blackcurrant syrup.

Comment

Susie, that sounds incredibly good. If you've got some leftovers, I'll give you my address and my FedEx account number.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                          Susie, that sounds incredibly good. If you've got some leftovers, I'll give you my address and my FedEx account number.
                          Sorry, it all got eaten, it always does...and the dog, Adobo, licked the pan. Would you like the exact recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                            Sorry, it all got eaten, it always does...and the dog, Adobo, licked the pan. Would you like the exact recipe?
                            heck I do! send um to my email or Pm it to me
                            Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

• Re: W&M on Waialae Ave.

Originally posted by Pomai
                              Not so fast, Helen. There's lotsa' Hot Dog & Hamburger enthusiasts around here that would appreciate more details than that, including myself.
                              You want details! Can you handle the details?

Long story time.

Saturday mid-day I went to Hobbietat on 10th Aveune to pick up some model rocket supplies, which included engines, kite string, nose cones, snap swivels and a 3/16" by 36" metal rod. Everything but the rod fitted in my backpack so I ended up carrying the rod in my hand. Wasn't heavy but it sort of look strange for me to carry this in my hand. On the walk back to the bus stop I was thinking of where to eat lunch. Normally on a trip to Hobbietat I would stop by Boston North End Pizza but I was really in the mood for the Saturday special at Mahalo Drive Inn (BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak) which I didn't have for at least 2 weeks, so I figured I pass on the pizza and just wait for the bus to come. Didn't wait long for a #1 bus to appear, got on it but it turned out that all the seats were taken and I was standing up with this rod in one of my hands. And with each stop more people were getting on then getting off and I figured with more people crowded in the bus the chances of that rod hitting someone was getting higher. By the time the bus reached the St. Louis stop I figured I would get off at the next stop and eat at W&M Burgers since it's been a long time for me to eat there.

When I got there, had a few people in line, some waiting for their order and others were trying to place an order. I was #2 in a line of 4 trying to place an order when I noticed the sign over the window for the BBQ Hot Dog which says it uses a Oscar Meyer all beef hotdog. Make up my mind to order that with cheese and at least a cheeseburger. After a few minutes of waiting because only one window was in use, the person in front of me finally ordered and then the second window opens up and the person behind suggest I should go there.

Ordered the hot dog with cheese with every thing on it and a cheeseburger with every thing on it, she asked if I want the steak or the hamburger and I replied "cheeseburger". Also ordered a small Diet Coke and all that set me back $7. Give her a $10 bill and I got back a couple of bills and a lot of nickels since she ran out of quarters.
                              Was it good? Great?
                              Speaking for my self I think Oscar Meyer hot dogs are kind of bland to being with. It wasn't a very big hot dog, looked like at least a slice or two of Kraft American Cheese was over the hot dog. Couldn't taste the BBQ sauce in this hot dog.

The cheeseburger was a thin patty, most of the height of the sandwich was due to the lettuce leaf. And when I notice the mayonnaise on the upper bun and I though of The Krispy Kreme Burger thread somehow mayonnaise on a donut just doesn't sit right with me.

All in all it wasn't filling but it was enough to keep me going till dinner and I thought I could at least go to Maholo Drive Inn for dinner.

After lunch I went to the bus stop, didn't wait long for the next #1 to show up and this one had a few people in it so I was able to have a seat for the entire trip back home without the rod getting into someone's way.

I've only been there several times - last, over a year ago, and thought they were just O.K. Then again, I'm not a teriyaki burger fan, which is what they're known for. I had NO IDEA (didn't take notice) that hot dogs were also on their menu. Interesting.
                              It seems that the hot dog is a recent addition, it's not on their big menu in the back but it is printed in their small hand out menus which has the date of "1/06" on the bottom (I took one home).

I still can't fathom why so many people consume such rich food, then wash it down with a DIET soda. Thank goodness there isn't a Diet Mountain Dew. Or is there?
                              To tell you the truth, I prefer the taste of Diet Coke over Coke anyday. And there is a Diet Mountain Dew. I prefer the taste of regular Mountain Dew over the Diet Mountain Dew, but I will drink the Diet Mountain Dew.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                                Now THAT sounds good...got a recipe for that ?
                                The teriyaki and pineapple chicken meatballs are a Costco delicacy! Just heat 'n eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X