President Barack Obama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President Barack Obama!

Some of us here were just children, sitting in front of the TV in the middle of the night and wearing our bathrobes, watching the first man step foot on the moon.
    Tonight we have just seen a moment almost that historic.
    How utterly utterly amazing.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm all FOR Income Redistribution. In fact, I forced a couple of lib friends at the bar tonight buy me my beers just to prove they support the new president. This promises to be a boon to my bar bill......simply to ask people to put their money where their mouth is. Salut!

Unlike some scumbags I have seen with a "He's not my President" bumper sticker on their car, I promise to be supportive of our new President, President Barack Obama. Hooray !! Bring on the Income Redistribution.

Pardon me Tutusue, my beer is getting short, and my pockets even shorter.... would you be so kind as to REDISTRIBUTE some of your income to cover my next tall, frosty, beer? I knew that you would, you fantastic Obama lover. Oh, this is so excellent.

Who's next?? Come on folks...Show your pride.

I'm truly gonna love the next 4 years.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        I'm all FOR Income Redistribution. In fact, I forced a couple of lib friends at the bar tonight buy me my beers just to prove they support the new president. This promises to be a boon to my bar bill......simply to ask people to put their money where their mouth is. Salut!
        Hah!

I thought about writing a letter to the campaign, encouraging President-elect Obama to redistribute his California Electoral votes to John McCain. I think it would brighten his day, and Obama would still win by lots!

Comment

Yeah right Vanguard.

The line between idealism and reality is much wider than some can afford.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Have you ever seen so moving a speech? Have you ever seen a crowd in such awe? It would be great to see such hope fulfilled.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

great to see such hope fulfilled

But I would settle for my beer mug filled with some redistribution.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

But I would settle for my beer mug filled with some redistribution.
                  I am quitting my job and gona' be on the taking side. Enough of my previous lifelong "working to excel". I'm now waiting for those other hard workers to share with 'ol unemployed me.
                  TimKona, I don't always agree with you, but on this issue I would like to ask you to please save a seat for me next to you, I want my share of that handout beer.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I am in rare form . . . and the crowd laughs.

I am curious to see which direction we now head - I am an absolute idealist (much as this site is populated with) but I am also a realist, which I don't think most of our posters are. If we could find Utopia, McCain or Obama wouldn't be an issue, we'd have already figured everything out.

But we don't live in Utopia, and here are some of my thoughts. . . . I know there is a lot of insanely devoteed love floating around for our new President. But I have to admit (much like I would with McCain's empty promises,) that I'm not looking forward to the abandonment of Obama's emplty promises. And our nation's reaction to another Presidents failure to deliver on their promises.

Why are we so naive that we think a President can solve our problems?

Obama will do as well as Bush did. Laugh, Spurn, Chide, do what you will to me, we'll all be looking at the same failure we've come to accept. Obama is not going to solve any problems. Just like Reagan couldn't. And Bush couldn't. And Clinton couldn't. And Bush couldn't.

One day, we'll all wake up and realize that if we really want our Utopia, we need farmers, our hunters and our gatherers, and not just a foreman telling us what to do. We'll need to pick up our rakes and baskets. We'll conquer the world. Or not, we'll just learn how to live with and support ourselves.

Sorry for the inebriated ramblings, but that's how I roll. Hopefully Obama sees that he didn't "sweep" anything, and while he won fair and square, he didn't win by a landslide. America is middle of the road. Let's find a place to meet in the middle and make this work.

And now my fingers are trying to go sleep.

Aloha,
                    RC

Comment

I was like IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?!?!?
                      Me and my roomates were watching ABC and they quickly announced THE BIG NEWS! California and Washington were thee states that got him headed towards the 2-7-0 mark! And yes I did vote for Barack!

Comment

President-elect Obama isn't president yet. There are still a few months in which President Bush can do something monumentally stupid to further bankrupt the nation.
                        Burl Burlingame
                        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

all i have to say right now is, Jesus Christ! are you that freaking blind and lemming"ific" that you can so easily blame the recent failures on GW?

Please do me a favor, especially you Buzz (only b/c you're the most recent poster) and understand why the US is where it is today.

Think about NAFTA and Clinton's bringing to fruit the laissez faire lending standards. These planted the seeds to our economic collapse. Or we can sit around and blame Bush because we are unintelligent enough to not see the forest through the trees.

I should probably stop posting, but I won't. BTW, how about McCain's concession speech? He deserves props - so does Obama, cause his speech pretty much freaking rocked. And I'm not an Obama-mite!

RC

Comment

Good Luck, Mr. President-Elect! I, like many others, wish you a long and prosperous term.

( Does it feel like 1976 to anyone else? And I voted Democrat in THAT election.)

I have to admit he is gloriously gifted as a speaker. Let's hope his picks for cabinet and staff are as gifted.

BTW; to y'all who are ready to be funded by the concept of "redistribution;" remember that social programs require past tax forms and documentation of need; gotta be needy for a while before that outstretched hand gets any bucks. That is, unless things change. Until then, TK, I think I can spare a quarter for a beer. That way I get to choose where my funds go....

Comment

[...]
                              Pardon me Tutusue, my beer is getting short, and my pockets even shorter.... would you be so kind as to REDISTRIBUTE some of your income to cover my next tall, frosty, beer? I knew that you would, you fantastic Obama lover. Oh, this is so excellent.[...]
                              I'll be happy to cover a tall, frosty beer for you, TK, but it won't be your next one. You see, my income's been cut in half, the other half going to line the pockets of those Wall St. CEOs and their golden parachutes. That certainly wasn't Obama's fault now, was it...

In the meantime it appears you're doing your own redistribution of...sour grapes. Even McCain showed class tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                Why are we so naive that we think a President can solve our problems?
                                Seeing how W put us in Iraq which is costing us $9 Billion each month, well, I can be optomistic enough to think that the next president will do as much in the opposite direction and begin to extricate us from the mess we're currently in.

And, as Obama said, this "win" isn't for him. It's for all of us. It's for the citizens of the US who are the true owners of this country.

Political power has always supposed to have been of the people, for the people and by the people. It was institutions such as Homeland Security that started to make governmental power "in spite of the people."

Maybe some of that gets set right again.

Comment

Working...
                                X