HawaiiThreads Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HawaiiThreads Upgrade

I think the system remembers you as long as you check off the box. I just turned on this G4 Power Mac and launched Firefox. I did not log off last night, but I did turn the comptuer off. Right now I am back on without having to login. Just like before. I think it is a matter of checking off that box, and probably just keeping your cookies.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Don't know if you've noticed it, but we've lost the plumeria favicon. That's irritating -- the upgrade shouldn't have touched that, I say.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The upgrade revamped the entire presentation system, so we actually lost all the little touches... but I'd remembered and restored most of them. Had to track down where I'd put the plumeria (.ICO file), but it should be back now. Some (like me) may not have even noticed it went back to the default since browsers often cache those icons.

Comment

The only time I needed to log back on was after the upgrade. I didn't need to check or uncheck any boxes.

Comment

Before the upgrade... when I was at work... when I would read a post with an image...I would get a note telling me that the image was not able to open.

I no longer get that... instead I get confused when someone has posted a picture and I don't realize there is a picture attatched to the post.

Is there anything I can do with my settings at work to change this?

I use Firefox.

Comment

I just noticed something else. While the custom avatars are showing up, the 17 avatars that are standard to HawaiiThreads are not showing up, at least when viewing from them from work. It works okay when viewed at home (both places use Internet Explorer V6, but different operating systems).

Comment

I'm at home right now...and for Helens Avatar...

it just says "Helens AVATAR" which also happens with some other users Avatars... but I'm at home now...

when I click on it... it brings me to Helens profile.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  I just noticed something else. While the custom avatars are showing up, the 17 avatars that are standard to HawaiiThreads are not showing up, at least when viewing from them from work.
                  Thanks, Helen. The avatars were indeed missing (the only reason they still appeared on some systems is because, like the favicon.ico plumeria, they may have been cached). They should be back now.

Comment

I see em...thanks

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                      Before the upgrade... when I was at work... when I would read a post with an image...I would get a note telling me that the image was not able to open.

I no longer get that... instead I get confused when someone has posted a picture and I don't realize there is a picture attatched to the post.
                      Could you please post a URL of a post that is giving you this kind of situation?

Comment

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...97&postcount=3

I've edited my post's to show that I can now see the picture at home.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                          Could you please post a URL of a post that is giving you this kind of situation?
                          He mentioned it in the Starbucks Art Project thread, but noted that it happened at his DOE machine, not at home, and suspected that it may be related to some kind of workplace filtering system.

It seems clear to me the "problem" is with his office system, not with HawaiiThreads.com. Though I personally don't see a state agency expecting a worker to actually work to be a "problem."

Comment

with all the Excitement and everything with the new HT upgrades...

I would like to personally congrat all HT members for posting more than 100,000 posts to HT...

A toast to you PZ personally for running HT as well as his mods.

Got any info on who might have been the 100,000 post? that person deserves an HT bumper sticker or something.

Comment

Weren't the divider bars that separate the topics and forums a brick red color instead of the brown we're now using?
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                                with all the Excitement and everything with the new HT upgrades...

I would like to personally congrat all HT members for posting more than 100,000 posts to HT...

A toast to you PZ personally for running HT as well as his mods.

Got any info on who might have been the 100,000 post? that person deserves an HT bumper sticker or something.
                                Maybe we need a counter at the top of this website to indicate where the thread posting count is!

BTW has is anyone experiencing what I am, that I'm constantly being logged off and when I try to relog in, it says welcome craigwatanabe then I go to the page that tells me I need to log in. I have to completely get out of Explorer then re enter onto HT and relog. It's been happening a lot lately for me. Sometimes resetting my cookies help but not in all cases.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X