No announcement yet.

Oceanic increasing Road Runner speeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oceanic increasing Road Runner speeds?

Saw a commercial a few nites ago saying RR speeds are doubling this year...Anyone know anything about that? Or is that just a bunch of BS, as in increasing the uber turbo whatever it's called speed that costs and arm and a leg?
    I want Ed on Blu-ray/DVD

Re: Oceanic increasing Road Runner speeds?

If it’s anywhere close to this, I’ll be very impressed. But I’m not getting my hopes up.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Hawaii tops for growth in Internet speed

"More speed is on the way from Oceanic, which this year plans to roll out a service having a top connection speed of up to 20 megabits per second. In 2012, it is planning an upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0 technology that allows downloads of up to 100 or more megabits per second."
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post

"More speed is on the way from Oceanic, which this year plans to roll out a service having a top connection speed of up to 20 megabits per second. In 2012, it is planning an upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0 technology that allows downloads of up to 100 or more megabits per second."
        BahaHAHAHA!!! Thanks for the laughs, Konaguy. So according to the headline Hawai‘i is “tops” for growth in Internet speed, yet as my link shows, Chatanooga, Tennessee already has what it will take Hawai‘i until 2012 to achieve 10% of. Sad and pathetic — both the actual facts, and the editor’s headline writing. Does anyone realize how much faster Japan’s speeds are compared to the United States? This is what happens when your government invests all your tax dollars on social programs, big business subsidies and the military-industrial complex. Bravo, America!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

I agree Hawaii has pathetic Internet speeds. However, lets look at the facts. The multiple owners of Hawaiian Telcom over the years have failed to upgrade their aging last mile copper loop facilities. This has largely hamstrung their ability to roll out higher speeds/services on a wide scale. This has given Oceanic a pass competition wise until very recently.

I urge you to look at how much federal subsidies that Sandwich Isles Communications is receiving to service only DHHL homesteads. In addition, Paniolo Cable Company is seeking 15 million dollars a year in subsidies to operate their statewide submarine fiber-optic network.

So, we are receiving subsidies.However, the wrong companies are receiving them.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post

Thanks Konaguy.

Thanks for nuthin' Oceanic...
            I want Ed on Blu-ray/DVD

Comment

Oceanic? Who dat? **lone desert wind blows the tumbleweeds thru the rural parts of the Big Island**
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X