SpeedZone incident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedZone incident?

So I tried to connect to the Roadrunner Speedzone at Ward yesterday but failed. When I called Oceanic's support the guy said he couldn't provide any speedzone support and told me to call 877-757-7333. Fair enough, I thought, considering Time Warner is a national company.

When I call that number my call is answered by a customer support guy in Houston.....AT COMCAST!!! He had no frickin' idea what I was talking about and was as baffled as I was. Anyway, the guy was really nice about it but couldn't help me.

To be continued (I have not called Oceanic back yet).....
    kiddori

Re: SpeedZone incident?

I'm always a bit leary when using UNSECURE sites like speedzone. You never know what looser hack crook is packet sniffing or capturing your wireless traffic. I would NEVER do any banking or such from "public access" sites like at Starbucks no matter how secure it appears to be. Heck the starbucks at Ward Ave looks like a pc lounge will all those people on their computers, like 15 people all using computers. I always crack up when I see someone using a laptop and using a iphone or blackberry at the same time. I call that being OVER connected. Lord help me to never be that addicted!!!
    Last edited by Surfn Nut; June 8, 2009, 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling....blackberry keys are SMALL

Comment

I'm new to this speedzone stuff. Can anyone provide me with some info in 'laymans terms'? Their website is totally confusing me! Basically, I need to figure out how this all works, and connect to it in Kailua. Advice? Help? This speedzone thing is making me feel as un-techie as Tutusue!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        I'm new to this speedzone stuff. Can anyone provide me with some info in 'laymans terms'? Their website is totally confusing me! Basically, I need to figure out how this all works, and connect to it in Kailua. Advice? Help? This speedzone thing is making me feel as un-techie as Tutusue!
        Basically it's a wifi hotspot for RR users.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Okay, got it! Except, I'm getting a very weak signal, even tho I'm in the Zone. Is there a way to boost my wifi strength?

Comment

you could be near electrical devices that may cause interference such as power lines, even cell phones can cause minor disruptions at times.

Comment

Okay....got it! Is there any way to ummmmmm, bypass that interference? How do I find out where the speedzone 'center" is? Im pretty close to town, I never thought this would be a problem. Earlier today it didnt work at all, not even when I tried it at Boots & Kimos! I gotta find a way to make this work!

Comment

You just gotta move around until you find a spot that isn't affected by electrical interference.

Comment

Working...
                X