Safeway's current push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Safeway's current push

i disklike safeway. i used to go there all the time but the prices are just too high. i think they were last place in that article about cheapest grocery stores.
    why make a complicated system when you should just slash your prices?

i especially dislike safeway because they make you do math when you shop. not even regular math but like "johnny goes to safeway to buy 12 packs of soda. regular price is $7.99 per 12 pack but if you buy 3 @7.99 you get 2 free. how much is it per 12 pack if johnny buys five 12-packs?" aaaahhhhHHH!
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I knew there was a good reason I didn't buy soda!!! I comparison shop using the circulars in MidWeek. For the most part, what I buy tends to be equal to or less expensive at Safeway. And now with Safeway's Deal Match, I'm pretty much sticking to one grocery store now. Unless I'm at Makaha! Tamura's trumps all the supermarkets when it comes to lower prices. And, for the most part, I buy all my produce via a farmer's market subscription. Occasionally Marukai has a 40% off sale on Tropilicious sorbets that I can't refuse!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        For the most part, what I buy tends to be equal to or less expensive at Safeway.
        I'll second that opinion. I've found them more on the 'less expensive' side than 'equal', though, and I also find better quality items at Safeway. Plus the staffs at Safeways are always friendly and helpful; I've never had anything to complain about.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
          i disklike safeway. i used to go there all the time but the prices are just too high. i think they were last place in that article about cheapest grocery stores.
          why make a complicated system when you should just slash your prices?

i especially dislike safeway because they make you do math when you shop. not even regular math but like "johnny goes to safeway to buy 12 packs of soda. regular price is $7.99 per 12 pack but if you buy 3 @7.99 you get 2 free. how much is it per 12 pack if johnny buys five 12-packs?" aaaahhhhHHH!
          It's still $7.99 each. if you buy 3, it's still $7.99 each. the choice is how much you want to spend all at once? do you really need 5 packs of soda all at once? do you have room to store 5 packs of soda? I love deals like that! anytime I can save $16 to buy something I would buy anyway is a great day!
          Last edited by anapuni808; July 11, 2011, 07:43 PM.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
          X