Drones in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drones in Hawaii

Exactly! This is why I would support any legislation that would make it ILLEGAL to fly UAV (Drones) over and near any and all residential properties. Huge, huge privacy issues here as well as perhaps trespassing over private property.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

http://khon2.com/2015/12/14/own-a-dr...-with-the-faa/

Inane drones.

Comment

I saw the Drones Plus sign a few months ago (April 2018) next to the 7-11 where Kapiolani Blvd and Atkinson Drive meets. When I visited the area there was nothing inside the store, even the 7-11 on that site was closed.

Since July 2018 that site has been closed off and a sign on one of the buildings says that area will have new construction.

Clicking on the link below still shows an article but the links in that article to Drones Plus Hawaii says that the dronesplus.com domain name has expired.

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        It's about time... a brick-and-mortar store and service center for consumer drones:

http://www.hawaiiweblog.com/2015/08/...es-plus-hawaii

Comment

I’ve been trying to find someone to let me barrow their drone or come over and fly it themselves. I want it to inspect my roof. I live in a two story house and at my age I don’t think I will climbing any ladders to get up there. There are many legitimate reasons to fly a drone in a residential area, such as photographing a house to put it on the market.
          Banning them in a residential area is pretty draconian. Can they be used to spy on people? Sure, but how is that different from a guy with a telescope looking in your window from across the street?
          As the drones become more prolific there will be laws controlling them.
          "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
          Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by 68-eldo View Post
            I’ve been trying to find someone to let me barrow their drone
            I don't think that is a doable option, mainly because flying a drone is not like driving a rent-a-car.

Anyone with a drone that is registrated with FAA is not going to loan you their drone.

However you can buy a drone for around $80-$90 from Costco.

Comment

Encountered a place called Drone Services Hawaii which is located on 985 Dillingham Blvd. They have a web site at:

https://droneserviceshawaii.com/

Comment

Hawaii anglers split over measure to ban the use of drones for fishing (hawaiinewsnow.com)

Is this the same as fishing with dynamite?

Comment

Working...
                X