M&Ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&Ms

Let's talk about them. I'm in the mood for a silly/fun thread. Anyone else?

I like plain and peanut butter. I've tried the coconut and they're not bad, but they don't really have that much taste. The pretzel ones are really good, and they have way less calories than the other kinds. Peanut M&Ms are gross.

When they introduced the blue M, I was in high school. My friend Becky and I did a boycott because we voted for pink, so we'd pick out all the blue ones and give them to my boyfriend. Have you noticed though, that the poopy brown ones that they got rid of to make way for blue are still the used in cookies?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Re: M&Ms

I haven't tried some of the newer ones. Have you tried the fancy truffle ones with metallic looking coating? The green shiny ones are mint chocolate.

I have to admit I love the peanut ones best of all, but I was born in Georgia. That's the only reason I can think of.

Comment

For myself I prefer the peanut M&M but I do eat the plain M&M.

While its been a long time since I brought a bag of the candy I have eaten some of them latey either because it was available at a gathering or as a choice to put into ice cream or frozen yogut.

Comment

I enjoy the dark chocolate variety the most. I'd like to try 'em out in a batch of chocolate chip cookies sometime in place of regular chocolate chips.

Never tried the strawberry jelly and peanut butter variety that was out last summer but those that I know who did thought they were okay. Seemed like an odd sort of M&M variety to me.

My fantasy M&M varieties: dark chocolate with pecan, and perhaps, following along the line that Hershey's has followed with the "available in Hawaii only" milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses with macadamia nut, macadamia nut M&Ms, which would also also be available in Hawaii only.

Comment

I love the mint ones, but usually go for plain. The peanut butter ones just make me wish I'd bought some Reeses Pieces.

My rats used to love M&Ms, and they would always peel the shell off like a hard boiled egg to eat the chocolate inside. I do that too from time to time, although it's a bit messier.
          Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
          Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Though I am not much of a chocolate fan in general, I do enjoy the peanut ones on occasion. But that is pretty much it. I wasn't even aware of peanut butter m&m's or jelly m&m's. Did they make a peanut butter and jelly m&m? Hmmmm - might have to go make myself a peanut butter & jelly sandwich - without the chocolate......

Comment

Peanut butter are my favorites, plain would be second. Never really was a fan of the peanut or almond ones.

Comment

Ya know what this guys favorite ones were?

The Plain, the plain
                flickr

An email from God:
                To: People of Earth
                Date: 9/04/2007
                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

... shoulda known a guy with tattoos would tell that one ...

Comment

The crunchy ones that were similar to a Nestle Crunch bar were good. I don't know if those are still available. Never had the PB&J ones.

Macadamia nut M&Ms sound incredible, but should not be an exclusive Hawaiian thing. I miss macadamia nuts so much it's stupid.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      ... shoulda known a guy with tattoos would tell that one ...

lol you got that right
                      flickr

An email from God:
                      To: People of Earth
                      Date: 9/04/2007
                      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

Cashew M&Ms would be cool...
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I think Eminem has been the most influential rock music artist in this decade.
                          What? M&Ms?
                          Do they make M&Ms with dark chocolate? Dark chocolate suppose to be good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                            Did they make a peanut butter and jelly m&m?
                            Peanut butter and strawberry jelly M&Ms were available Summer '09 at Walgreen's. I don't know if they were available exclusively at Walgreen's, but I clearly remember that Walgreen's was pushing them heavily at that time for sales in tandem with that Snickers Bar that had the bright almost neon-yellow (as opposed to the normal light tan) nougat; they would have an inventory of both of these candies set-up at checkouts and cashiers were instructed to ask if customers would like to try them at the price of 3 for $1. I'm under the perception that peanut butter and strawberry jelly M&Ms were a limited time production candy.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              Do they make M&Ms with dark chocolate? Dark chocolate suppose to be good for you.
                              Dark chocolate M&Ms are available in the plain variety, and were (still maybe) available in the peanut variety as well.

Dark chocolate mini baking M&Ms (intended for baking cookies and cakes with) are available too in the baking/kitchen aisle of many supermarkets.

Comment

Working...
                              X