Hawaii Five-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Five-O Season 2

Wow, haven't seen that one yet. This is disturbing.

All I know is, Barbara Luna from the first episode of season 2 (and show intro, right ?) is SMOKIN !
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

All the Hawaii Five-0 threads have been merged into this one.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        one of the most bothering episodes that still intrigues me is the one where this guy would strangle women and paint their faces to resemble his girlfriend or wife.
        That episode was titled "Wednesday, Ladies Free," from the 4th season. And the serial killer was painting the faces of his victims to resemble a prostitute he was obsessed with.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          That episode was titled "Wednesday, Ladies Free," from the 4th season. And the serial killer was painting the faces of his victims to resemble a prostitute he was obsessed with.
          Sometimes I think the writers of Hawaii 5-0 had some deviant fetishes going on with some of the episodes, but it made for interesting TV back in those days.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            I think I remember this one. In the plot wasn't there a copycat killing in the string of murders?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              I think I remember this one. In the plot wasn't there a copycat killing in the string of murders?
              Yeah, sort of. There was the serial killer, and another seperate killer who's exposed by McGarrett in the end.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: Hawaii Five-0

Interesting star-studded show that aired on KWHE tonight, Starred John Ritter as a gambling-addicted pilot, Joe Moore as his boss, Rap Reiplinger as the airplane mechanic who retrieves 10 grand in a VW bus, and Lucky Luck as a parking attendant at the Ilikai parking lot. What does this mean? Absolutely nothing, except for the fact that I hadn't heard Rap Reiplinger's material for years and immediately went to iTunes and bought the "Poi Dog With Crabs" compilation.

Comment

I love -- make that absolutely adore -- Hawaii Five-O reruns. My husband and I try to catch as many as we can. Sorry if this has been posted before, but one "icon" in almost every show that sends me into fits of hysteria are the phone booths. Have you noticed?? In one show, there was a phone booth near Sandy Beach, which never existed. In another show, there was a phone booth up near the road where the hang gliders used to launch, which of course, was never the site of a phone booth. In another show, there was a phone booth near the Makapuu lookout. Now, when we watch the show, at any given moment, either my hubby or I will yell out, "Phone booth comin' up!" It's almost as if the prop guys plopped a phone booth wherever they thought it looked good.

Comment

Think of those phone booths as cell phones from the 1960s.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      Think of those phone booths as cell phones from the 1960s.
                      Now where does Superman change now?
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

When I was clicking around, I stopped when I saw a young Christopher Walken on Hawaii Five-O. What season was that episode? Even then, he did his famous trademark in movies of a monologue speech. Did the director see something in his talent?

Comment

Originally posted by MatildaRose View Post
                          I love -- make that absolutely adore -- Hawaii Five-O reruns. My husband and I try to catch as many as we can. Sorry if this has been posted before, but one "icon" in almost every show that sends me into fits of hysteria are the phone booths. Have you noticed?? In one show, there was a phone booth near Sandy Beach, which never existed. In another show, there was a phone booth up near the road where the hang gliders used to launch, which of course, was never the site of a phone booth. In another show, there was a phone booth near the Makapuu lookout. Now, when we watch the show, at any given moment, either my hubby or I will yell out, "Phone booth comin' up!" It's almost as if the prop guys plopped a phone booth wherever they thought it looked good.
                          There are phone booths at some of these locations now, I remember being stranded out near the Makapuu lookout and was fortunate to see they had a place to make a phone call at the rest stop/look out point. Though I guess I shouldnt call them phone booths. I do believe there is an actual phone booth near Beretania Safeway on Young Street, maybe one of the few that exist anymore!

Aj

Comment

A non-serious reason why there are less phone booths than before.
                            Shoe Shine Boy was the secret id of Underdog who has a tendecy to destory phone booths while changing to Underdog

Going back on topic, I have to confess when Hawaii Five-O was first on, during the openning credits, there is a sequence towards the end where someone is spinning a revolver's ammo chamber. I had the impression it was someone dialing a special kind of police phone and not a weapon.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by helen; September 19, 2007, 11:13 PM.

Comment

It doesn't really matter. The important thing is that he really wants to change.
                              Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              When I was clicking around, I stopped when I saw a young Christopher Walken on Hawaii Five-O. What season was that episode?
                              Second season: "Run, Johnny, Run" --- Christopher Walken guest stars in an episode about an AWOL sailor accused of shooting an MP.
                              Google is your friend, WB.

Comment

Actually, that dilemma was presented on the first Christopher Reeves' Superman movie, where Clark Kent needed to change and could only find pay phones of the "open-air" variety. (Apparently, even back in the late 1970s, phone booths were already on their way to becoming an endangered species.) In that instance, Clark ducked into an office building's revolving door and in a couple of spins, came out dressed as the Man of Steel.

Comment

Working...
                                X