• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 4

chicken summer roll with sauce from Linh's
    (dat's it)heheheheheh *****stars

nah, had a uka pila breakfast at Kenny's in Kalihi
    Eggs Benedict w/ Hollandaise sauce, 1 peach slice and side order fried rice.
    *****stars
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Chicken wings from Hooters. OOooooohhhh, my poor aching grease pit stomach....
      So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

It's the last day of April. We went to COMPADRES at Ward II. Had a Taco, Enchalada, refried beans and salad plate. Bottomless Ice tea.

Taco bland taste (beef, Taco Bell's tastes better)
        Enchalada average
        Refried beans excellent
        Mexican rice average
        guacamole and salsa excellent
        Bottomless Iced Tea great but they don't refill ice cubes!

food*** atmosphere***** service*****

Comment

My favorite resturant is Han Yang. Instead of going there today, I went into Kiawe Grill next door. I was pleasently surprised. It used to be the old Iva's Hawaiian Foods. Unlike the former, this place has the business and ability to be successful.

ordered their pulehu shortribs*****

you can choose your own side dishes (4)
          from an assortment of tofu,kim chee, potaoes,
          macaroni salad,cucumber kimchee, etc.

Ate to much...I going moi, moi. not!

Aunti Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

Ravioli and Speghettio's...ate with my newly arrived grand daughters. We had a lovely lunch together. Beats all the lunches and dinners put together. Awwww...the joys of having children in the home again!

Oh! My iced tea of course.

Comment

McNuggets and small fries.

(Oh well, the kind of lunch you have when you feel a bit hungry and can't make up your mind to eat something more interesting.)

Comment

last night's Chicken Katsu Curry! Made it the first time last night and I must say, it was pretty ONO!
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

fried chorizo, kim chee and shoyu on hot rice. iced tea.

cream of tuna/rice for the little ones. orange juice

Comment

Char siu stew noodle, once again, from Mini Garden in Chinatown. Yinnie, the owner, reports the grand opening of her new S. King location - to include a wider array of vegetarian fare - will be on June 1. Cool!

Comment

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 4

Only had time for fast food, so went to Taco Bell on this Cinco De Mayo day. In a questionable marketing ploy, they had no specials to celebrate the occasion!

On a related note, one of the island yacht clubs is doing their monthly potluck dinner with a "Spanish" theme. Too bad they didn't go with a "Mexican" theme to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, cuz as far as I know Spain had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

A couple of combo pizza slices and a cup of water from Costco.

Comment

A dijon turkey and bacon sandwich from Subway, toasted. I tell you, considering that you can get your sandwich toasted for no additional cost, I'd be very worried if I was Quizno's. Just about as tasty, and it doesn't cost you $10 just to have a sandwich combo for lunch!

Comment

bacon mushroom philly cheese steak from the recently-opened Ono Cheese steaks on Bishop...closest thing to the real thing in town, and under five bucks! Ono indeed!
                            Don't be mean,
                            try to help.

Comment

oh man, cheesesteaks just the way I like um! or did till the doc said watch the cholesterol (low 200's) everything I like is the no no list: butter, cheese, red meat, etc. so I try but not really, at least gave up fast food mostly.

usual day is nice cup of coffee (and a smoke or 3! bad boy here sorry), that's breakfast. start work and forget about eating till starving, then make breakfast for lunch oats kind cereal and toss some blueberry or raspberry on top with cold soy milk (lactose intolerant). or frozen waffle, maple syrup, scramble eggs, crispy bacon! yeah bacon! :thumbup but only 1x or 2x week.

nobody cook for me so I cook what I like. or starve must try to eat better, more veggies, fish. ooh, time for one poi cocktail, my comfort food. yah all those carbs before sleep. work it off tomorrow. hey it's a friday. all good!

goodnight :wave
                              this space for rent

Comment

Leftover dal baht and dum aloo from the new Tibetan/Nepali place on 37th Ave.-so 'ono!

Comment

Working...
                                X