X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 10

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
    Uni sushi and Uno Don!

aack, i'm so jealous. uni is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

i had pork ong choy on cake noodle from au's garden in kalihi. twas alright--allowed me to dodge not-so-great hospital cafeteria food.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I slipped today. A chalupa from Taco Bell. Hopefully the low-point of the week!

Comment

Singapore noodles at lunch with a former boss and coworker.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Tuna sandwiches and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Our very own jkpescador reminded me that today was "Opening Day" for the 2006 legislature at the State Capitol. So, I went down to check it out. Lots of familiar faces, lots of pomp and circumstance, some music, some politics, but it's the food that really draws a crowd. People were going door to door, sampling what the various senators and representatives had to offer.

I basically wandered about taking photos, but did stop to eat at Sen. Will Espero's office. Beef broccoli, mochiko chicken, some kind of long rice dish with pepperoni in it (?), fried rice, and roll sushi. A few doors down I grabbed a Coke, but I don't know who to thank.

Comment

Had a mini beef stew and a spam musubi from L&L's. Picked up some extra musubi for the ohana.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                aack, i'm so jealous. uni is a wonderful, wonderful thing.
                I just recently started eating Uni and oh, do I sure love it! I work near a Japanese restaurant and eat lunch there 2-3 days a week. And I always order Uni. I think it cures/keeps away my cold sores. Had the beginning of one...could feel it coming on. Anyways, I had a craving for Uni and ordered some. Two days later ordered more Uni. By the following week the beginnings of my cold sore was gone!! I was shocked because by then I should've been downing Motrin daily cuz of the pain. But no need cuz no more cold sore! Not sure, but maybe it's the Vitamin C or iodine in it?

Hey PZ, cool photos!
                Lovena

Comment

Finished off leftover Zippy's chili over rice and somen. Not bad for a haole boy in WV!

Comment

Uni sushi, Unagi sushi, spicy tuna hand roll and miso soup.
                    Lovena

Comment

Chicken cup of noodles, bag of Doritos and a bottle of Mountain Dew from the HCC Bookstore.

Comment

Not too much of nah-ting; saving my appetite for a large dinner.
                        Finished off a small bottle of Mt. Dew that I started yesterday, however.
                        And three small cookies - but really, that's all!

Comment

Chicken teriyaki teishoku at Yasura at Smith and Beretania. I shoulda gone with the "mini," 'cause now I'm stuffed, sleepy, and feeling somewhat disgusted with myself. It was delicious, though...

Comment

Spinach, cheese & bacon omelet and a short stack, courtesy of Koa Pancake House.

(EDIT: Oops... thought this was the breakfast thread. My bad. Shoulda had coffee instead of milk.)
                            Last edited by LikaNui; January 21, 2007, 08:10 AM. Reason: Brain fut.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Home made loco moco....but with gravy fresh from the jar

Comment

Plate lunch from U Choice In.

Comment

Working...
                                X