Fireworks and July 4th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fireworks and July 4th!

Anyone buy those 3-D glasses they're selling at Ala Moana and Aloha Tower Marketplace?

I'm wondering how effective they would be...

Comment

I hadda buy those reverse 3-D glasses for when we occasionally hang out with Beth Chapman....

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        checking out the giant cake. While my daughter was admiring it, Daryl Huff from KITV interviewed her for the 5 p.m. news!
        Too kewl! I saw that interview and thought the girl was cute, bright, and well spoken. What a sweetie! It projects right through the screen.
        (Loved her comment about how the cake was so big it had to baked by the sun. )
        Give her a hug from all her aunties and uncles at HT, Ryan!
        Then get that girl a casting agent. (wave to TutuSue)
        Last edited by LikaNui; July 2, 2006, 09:59 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Katie's interview aired at 10:20 and I was awake for it! YAY KATIE!!!

She's been thru my office a few times, LN! And, yes, she is a sweetie; bright, articulate, outgoing, a very free spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            Anyone braving the crowds for Aloha Tower Marketplace's "3rd of July" festivities and fireworks tomorrow? I'll be in the neighborhood for work, but probably won't see much.
            I'm hoping to be there...my boyfriend is balking at the idea of trying to find parking in Kailiua for the fireworks there on Tues, as he said they've already got much of the street parking blocked off, so Mon at Aloha Tower might be my only chance to see firworks.

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
            Anyone buy those 3-D glasses they're selling at Ala Moana and Aloha Tower Marketplace?

I'm wondering how effective they would be...
            I got a pair from Ala Moana...maybe if I drink enough I'll actually put them on to watch the Aloha Tower fireworks.

Comment

July 2006....

I just wanted to wish everyone here...

Happy safe 4th of July!!.

HAPPY SAFE 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE HERE IN HT.COM

Aloha.

HUGS.
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Re: July 2006....

I am celebrating the 4th by watching this very cool old film footage I have...

USS Forrestal in NY Harbor
                July 4 1976.
                a celebration of our bicentennial on July 4, 1976 FORRESTAL was host ship for the International Naval Review in New York City. From FORRESTAL's flight deck President Gerald Ford rang in the nation's Bicentennial and reviewed over 40 "tall ships" from countries throughout the world.
                all shot from on deck. So we are high up above all the harbor action.
                Hundreds of boats and ship of all sizes and many tallships. Just hangin around the harbor.
                not baaaad.

will try put up a clip or so on youtube shortly...

Comment

Re: July 2006....

Originally posted by kimo55
                  I am celebrating the 4th by watching this very cool old film footage I have...

USS Forrestal in NY Harbor
                  July 4 1976.
                  a celebration of our bicentennial on July 4, 1976 FORRESTAL was host ship for the International Naval Review in New York City. From FORRESTAL's flight deck President Gerald Ford rang in the nation's Bicentennial and reviewed over 40 "tall ships" from countries throughout the world.
                  all shot from on deck. So we are high up above all the harbor action.
                  Hundreds of boats and ship of all sizes and many tallships. Just hangin around the harbor.
                  not baaaad.

will try put up a clip or so on youtube shortly...

hmmm....

That sounds interesting. Sounds like a good movie.

Enjoy your movie.

Can't wait to see a small clip of it.

Aloha.

Happy 4th.
                  Aches & Pains
                  (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

K-den. It's 7:43 p.m. July 3, 2006

It's starting to get louder and constant.

Da Fireworks!

I'm staying in my air-condition room.

I hate fireworks!

Hmmmm...some people's children get money to burn!

Today is Welfare & Social Security payday. MWH is a whole block of party goers! Den dey going be all habut on Wednesday wen no moa kala to pay their bills. Not to mention all the Food Stamps that was spent for tomarrow's BBQ.

One day millionaires...it happens twice a year. News Years Eve and July 3rd - 4th!

Auntie Lynn

btw: Anybody seen my Ventolin Spray? I can't find it! Eh, I'll settle for my Crown Royal and Water!!!
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                      [...]Today is Welfare & Social Security payday. MWH is a whole block of party goers! Den dey going be all habut on Wednesday wen no moa kala to pay their bills. Not to mention all the Food Stamps that was spent for tomarrow's BBQ.

One day millionaires...it happens twice a year. News Years Eve and July 3rd - 4th!

Auntie Lynn

btw: Anybody seen my Ventolin Spray? I can't find it! Eh, I'll settle for my Crown Royal and Water!!!
                      I have my Spiriva HandiHaler standing by! The chardonnay, too!

Honestly, Auntie, I will never understand why the residents of the poorest neighborhoods send so much money up in smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        I have my Spiriva HandiHaler standing by! The chardonnay, too!

Honestly, Auntie, I will never understand why the residents of the poorest neighborhoods send so much money up in smoke.
                        Because most of the ones living in the poorest neighborhoods are on some kind of Governmental Assistance.

It's not their money. They didn't work hard for it.

An abuse of the system and taxpayer's money all going up in SMOKE!

Auntie Lynn

9:04 p.m. The fireworks display has started at Aloha Towers. I can hear the boom boom boom. The yells in appreciation for a wonderful show. I going out and look too. It's great to live in Honolulu.

9:17 p.m. Im back. Twas beautiful to behold. However, the smoke I inhaled from the fireworks around me has put me in distress. I'm using my Ventolin Spray.
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; July 3, 2006, 09:17 PM.
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          Because most of the ones living in the poorest neighborhoods are on some kind of Governmental Assistance.

It's not their money. They didn't work hard for it.

An abuse of the system and taxpayer's money all going up in SMOKE!
                          I'm curious to see if certain people come out of the woodwork to scream "bigot" at you, the way they did at me a couple of months ago for some comments I made about hypocrites abusing their government assistance.

I certainly hope they have a bit more class this time.

I'm still at work and was listening to/watching the fireworks across the street a little while ago. Holiday starts early for some!

Take care, Auntie -- I hope your lungs don't get too stressed out from all the smoke.
                          Last edited by MadAzza; July 3, 2006, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                            I'm curious to see if certain people come out of the woodwork to scream "bigot" at you, the way they did at me a couple of months ago for some comments I made about hypocrites abusing their government assistance.

I certainly hope they have a bit more class this time.

I'm still at work and was listening to/watching the fireworks across the street a little while ago. Holiday starts early for some!
                            I guess my name is "they" now huh.

You should go back to that thread and re-read it. Your comments, which I responded to were NOT about government assistance. They were about "ethnic flags and stickers", and that the people who have them have never accomplished anything in their lives.... Ring a bell? Well, that horse has been beaten enough I'm trying to let it die peacefully.
                            I've stumbled across alot of your postings and and have caught myself agreeing with some of them and chuckling at your "editor's" wit. Forums are always a good place to keep your claws sharp. It seems to me you are not ALL piss and vinegar......

Enjoy your 4th.... everyone

Comment

Originally posted by chriscollado
                              I guess my name is "they" now huh.

You should go back to that thread and re-read it. Your comments, which I responded to were NOT about government assistance. They were about "ethnic flags and stickers", and that the people who have them have never accomplished anything in their lives....
                              No, I wasn't thinking of you with that comment. It seemed, at the time, like I was being attacked by a couple of people ... I dunno. I haven't gone back to read it to see who it was! Maybe it was just one person? These things flare up and die, it's the rhythm of online forums, but some things stick in my head, for whatever reason.

I never said that all people who have ethic pride stickers "never accomplished anything in their lives." With respect, I would ask that you reread what I wrote back then, or perhaps we could take this to PM and get it worked out? Or not, that's OK. I imagine that whatever I wrote, I could have expressed it differently, and more effectively, and less offensively. I can't do it over, but I can try to do better in the future.

Well, I can *try* anyway ...

I apologize if I offended you.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                                No, I wasn't thinking of you with that comment. It seemed, at the time, like I was being attacked by a couple of people ... I dunno. I haven't gone back to read it to see who it was! Maybe it was just one person? These things flare up and die, it's the rhythm of online forums, but some things stick in my head, for whatever reason.

I never said that all people who have ethic pride stickers "never accomplished anything in their lives." With respect, I would ask that you reread what I wrote back then, or perhaps we could take this to PM and get it worked out? Or not, that's OK. I imagine that whatever I wrote, I could have expressed it differently, and more effectively, and less offensively. I can't do it over, but I can try to do better in the future.

Well, I can *try* anyway ...

I apologize if I offended you.
                                I'm over it. Like I said that horse had been beaten enough. We can move on now. Happy Posting

Comment

Working...
                                X