X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 6

omelettes here at home
    scallions, avocado, cilantro, chile peppers, cheese, sausage inside.

ho broke da mout'

it has two names:

da Kimomelette

da Bomblette
    Last edited by kimo55; September 21, 2005, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hello fellow HT Ohana! Today, I went to re-try some products of "The Pastele Shop" at 2101 No. School Street, Phone 808 847-6969. Unlike, the first time many years ago...I was in for a delightful surprise!

I ordered 2 Panadesa (pastele meat turnover) $ 2.00 each
      (Looks similar to a Zippy's Napple's Apple Turnover)

1 Pork Pastele $ 2.95

"Noma" the owner gave me a sample of their pastele lumpia.

When I got home, MAMA and I ate the food. It was delicious and the fillings were plentiful with meat. Seasonings were just right. Pastele Lumpia should be a bit more wet...too dry and should have a sauce to go with it. Perhaps a salsa sauce.

They offer various Potorican dishes. Their quality of food has changed for the better!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Ended up at Quizno's. Haven't been there for ages, especially after Subway started toasting their sandwiches. I'd have expected Quizno's to have adapted somehow to the reconfigured, more direct competition, but... the prices were actually higher, the sandwiches (and drink cups) were noticably smaller, and... I really I don't think I'll be back.

Comment

Costco pizza, delivered by one of the mom's for a special activity today. It was quite good, for what it was. But then, you know what they say about pizza!
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

D.O.E. cafeteria lunch: Burrito, corn, peaches, some kind of ono cake, chocolate milk. $3.
            Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

2 cheeseburgers and a bottle of water - $4.95, at least today they had the mustard available.

Comment

Han Yang Special for MAMA
                Steam Yellow Covina Fish
                Fish Eggs Stew w/tofu
                Kim Chee Assortments

Too much to eat. Didn't tell son-inlaw about fish eggs. He ate it.

Auntie Lynn
                Last edited by 1stwahine; September 22, 2005, 02:33 PM.
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Cold pizza (leftover from lunch yesterday) and a Diet Pepsi.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Ah, I love Han Yang! Today I went with the daily special at Subway. I'm already hungry again.

Comment

Spicy Ahi Donburi and Miso soup from Ninja Sushi. (Paiea)

Oh-so-ono!

Comment

A rare break today for me from my usual lunch of plain peanut butter on white bread and two rice cakes. Today, I feast on a five piece box of inari, complete with gari and wasabi. I splurged today in honor of what passes for Aloha Friday around these parts.

Comment

Burger and fries at Big City Diner.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                            What do you mean, "partner"? Business partner? Or are you using the oddly disengaged, unromantic P.C. term for "lover"? I'm not criticizing, just curious. I hear "partner" all the time lately ... well, during the past 10 or 15 years, and I never know what it means any more. We (my friends) used to say "lover" for same-sex or opposite-sex couples; now people say "partner" for same-sex couples, but that just sounds so damn dull and boring for something that should be joyous and fun. Then again, if you're talking about a business partner, or a golfing partner, or a bridge partner, or whatever, then I guess ... that's different, and makes sense to me. Not that you care what I think ... these are just my late-night, can't-sleep thoughts on a subject that popped into my head as I was reading your post.
                            I hear ya on the insomniac thoughts! Been there...done that...and am doing it again! 'Partner' and 'Significant Other' seem to be interchangable. What ever happened to the good ol' 'boyfriend'/'girlfriend' references? I recently heard a young man (early 20s) refer to the young woman he lives with and who is also the mother of his child as his 'ol' lady'. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Oh...lunch? Yogurt with blueberries and granola with a dash of sugar free caramel syrup. Yum! Usually I have a 'chocolate breakfast brownie'. Double yum! Too busy to make 'em, tho'. But I'm so jonesing for one!

Comment

combo #2 at Taco Bell and a Mountain Dew....

Comment

Chicken ceaser salad, polish sausage and Diet Coke at Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X