X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Last night: Loco moco from L&L.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

late posting of last sunday's dinner (been busy with school, work, eric's upcoming bday, my impending move, my impending car purchase...which i'm putting off til after the move, to my sadness):

eric's special pan seared pork chops with garlic sauteed green beans & mushrooms plus his even special-er cream of mushroom soup gravy, augmented by a good dose of black butte porter....mmmmmmmm! i was groaning so much in ecstacy whilst eating that the neighbors prolly thought he was serving me some happy horizontal hunka chunka or somethin'!
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

pollo funditos at azteca.

Comment

Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger, Jumbo Jack and a cup of Diet Coke.

Comment

Ran to Don Quiote and p/up ingredaments fo make Chop Steak, onions & mushrooms. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, shoyu & chicken broth. Let em cook/simmer for about one hour and serve ova hot rice, ho man, talk about onooooooooooo .

Comment

Spicey tuna with crackers and for dessert, a chocolate Napple from Napoleon's bakery. burp~
              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

small wonton mein with extra garnishes from zippy's and a glass of water. Talk about ono!
                Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Dinner from Kelly's Cajun.

Comment

This thread is useless without pictures.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Blueberry pie for dessert...from these that we picked.
                      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

we celebrated eric's mumbleth birthday last night (my sweet's bday is actually today). at his request, i treated him to alan wong's. we both chose the five course set menu with wine ($105; $75 w/o wine).

appetizer duo:

"POKI-PINES”
                        Crispy Won Ton Ahi Poke Balls on Avocado with Wasabi Sauce

“SOUP AND SANDWICH”
                        Chilled Vine Ripened Hamakua Springs Tomato Soup with Grilled Mozarella Cheese, Foie Gras, Kalua Pig Sandwich

entrees:

GINGER CRUSTED ONAGA
                        Organically Grown Hamakua Mushrooms and Corn, Miso Sesame Vinaigrette

BUTTER POACHED
                        KONA COLD LOBSTER
                        Shrimp, Honda Tofu Cake, Jalapeño Tokyo Negi Sauce

TWICE COOKED SHORTRIB,
                        SOY BRAISED AND
                        GRILLED “KALBI” STYLE
                        Gingered Shrimp,
                        Ko Choo Jang Sauce

DESSERT DUET
                        Chocolate “Crunch Bars”
                        Layers of Milk Chocolate Macadamia Nut Crunch, Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse

and Coconut Tapioca
                        Passion Fruit Sorbet and Fresh Fruits

some nice touches--when i made the reservation, i told them it was his bday. when eric opened up his menu, it had been personalized with a happy birthday greeting which the staff all signed. also, the plate of dessert had a single lit candle and "happy birthday eric!" (okay-it didn't say eric, it said his real name) written in chocolate syrup.

the food descriptions, which i copied off the restaurant website, do not do any part of the meal justice. and i wish they had a listing of the wines served available, but they don't.

eric and i have eaten at a lot of fine dining restaurants over the years. we've decided that last night's dinner, with it's perfectly paired wines (well, champagne and wine, cause the app came with a champagne), made for the absolutely best meal of its kind in this state. the only other better meal we had was at thomas keller's bouchon in vegas.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Steak tips, rice, tomato and monserella cheese salad, rolls with butter, and a glass of milk.
                          'Alika

Comment

I made some kaldaretta, Filipino stew, for da ohana. My son gobbled it up. He ate a lot. After, we played outside to cool off from the heat, and he wanted to eat some more food because he got hungry again. I guess da bruddah be a growin boy for a 6 1/2 year old.

Comment

Chicken bento from Sushi Robot with a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

Comment

Tonight I'm cooking a Peruvian chicken dish called "Pollo a la Brasa". It's got shoyu, lime juice, oregano, cumin, lotsa garlic and some paprika in the marinade. The recipe came from the Sept. issue of "Gourmet" magazine. This issue is a keeper because it's got all kinds of Latin American dishes in it that I want to try out.

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X