Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 81st Oscars

Here's the list for Best picture
    * “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (Paramount and Warner Bros.), A Kennedy/Marshall Production, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Ceán Chaffin, Producers
    * “Frost/Nixon” (Universal), A Universal Pictures, Imagine Entertainment and Working Title Production, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Eric Fellner, Producers
    * “Milk” (Focus Features), A Groundswell and Jinks/Cohen Company Production, Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen, Producers
    * “The Reader” (The Weinstein Company), A Mirage Enterprises and Neunte Babelsberg Film GmbH Production, Nominees to be determined
    * “Slumdog Millionaire” (Fox Searchlight), A Celador Films Production, Christian Colson, Producer
    I can't believe the Dark Knight got snubbed. Oh well....

Full List
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: The 81st Oscars

Disappointed but not surprised that Rosario Dawson didn't get a nomination for her terrific supporting work in Seven Pounds.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

'Dark Knight' snubbed? It may have been the best Batman movie ever, but it still took all the perseverance I could muster to sit through to the end - and I was the only one in the room to do so.

Just like the 'new' James Bond movies, the lack of humor and wit creates a huge void in these films that simply sucks all the life out.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Now that I have seen all five movies (3 of them seen before they got nominated) here is my list from best to worst:
        1. Slumdog Millionaire
        2. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
        3. Frost/Nixon
        4. Milk
        5. The Reader

Also interesting is that all five movies uses some form of flashback to frame their story.

Comment

1. Slumdog or Milk (ok with either)
          2. Slumdog or Milk
          3. Curious Case (Im a sucker for epics)
          4. the Reader (excellent film, but not best picture)
          5. Frost

Actor
          SEAN PENN

ACTRESS
          It's Kate Winslets time, (but it is also Meryl's time too so who knows)

BEST SUPP
          Philip Seymour Hoffman (Im MIXED on the Heath Ledger deserving camp)

BEST SUPP
          Marisa Tomei all the way. It's time for her again.
          n'importe

Comment

Slumdog Millionaire won for Best Picture (as reported by KGMB news).

Comment

Jack Black was right to say Pixar wins all the Oscars
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                'Dark Knight' snubbed? It may have been the best Batman movie ever, but it still took all the perseverance I could muster to sit through to the end - and I was the only one in the room to do so.

Agree. I admit I'm not a big Batman fan to begin with...but I didn't think it was all that. I didn't walk out of the theater thinking "WoW!"

Ledger did do a pretty amazing job so I can see the Oscar recognition. But I think a lot of buzz for TDK along with HL nomination was due to his untimely death. Don't seem to sound blasphemous, but we will never know what would have happened had he lived (i.e. would the movie have done as well, Oscar noms etc...)

Comment

I guess I was the ONLY one stoked to hearing Brother Nolan (I MEAN) Noland's classic Coconut Girl coming on when James Franco & Seth Rogen were hamming it up in their character attire.

Comment

The Oscars were boom goes the dynamite!

Comment

Working...
                    X