Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you doing TONIGHT?

sleep zzzz....
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

we had our annual eggnog party at my office tonite. vendors, tenants and family were there & it was a lot of fun. i have the most wonderful boss because he did most of the party set up and all the clean up after. all i had to do was make the eggnog and be hostess. the party was supposed to go from 4:00 to 6:00, but it went until about 7.30!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
        Your library charges for borrowed DVDs?

I suppose it's cheaper than private alternatives ...
        Hawaii libraries charge $1.00 per DVD. A few months ago, I borrowed Season 1 of 30 Rock, which had 3 DVDs. I expected to pay $3.00, but it was only a dollar. Great deal!

http://www.librarieshawaii.org/information/faq2.htm
        Do the public libraries have videos? Many of Hawai`i's public libraries have videos as well as DVDs to borrow. There is a service fee of $1.00 per video, which is due back in one week. Some videos have been designated "public education videos," and these can be borrowed FREE of charge. Note: overdue fines for videos are $1.00 per video per day for a maximum of $30.00 per video. Watch those due dates!

Comment

Last night, I had a bit of Raynal VSOP. I know it's not great stuff, but I hadn't had brandy in awhile, and I wanted to feel that burn. It tasted like brandy, but no burn. I wonder if it's old? Does liquor go stale? I thought they lasted forever.

Comment

Well, I know what HTers were doing this time LAST YEAR (actually, a year ago, tomorrow):

"Most users ever online was 572, December 19th, 2008 at 05:01 PM."
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
              Well, I know what HTers were doing this time LAST YEAR (actually, a year ago, tomorrow):

"Most users ever online was 572, December 19th, 2008 at 05:01 PM."
              Ha, ha! And I was not one of them, surprisingly! I had just started my new job and was walking back through airport security!

Tonight I am going out to dinner with Jason and our next-door neighbors. I am most looking forward to coming home and conking out the couch. This week has sucked so bad and I just want to sleeeeep!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Same thing I've been doing for the past couple of nights...working on the Memorial stuff (program and photos) for Pali's Dad who just passed.

Comment

Taking care of the AFK, who might have caught the cold I had last weekend (and is still in full holiday-stress mode, poor thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                    Same thing I've been doing for the past couple of nights...working on the Memorial stuff (program and photos) for Pali's Dad who just passed.
                    Kind thoughts come your way. We just did that very same thing last month.
                    My birthday was the day before the memorial service. Hang in there I know
                    completely all too well how difficult this is and how difficult this time of year is now. Aloha "Leash"

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                      Oooooh...that was so soon after Pali's wedding. So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                        Kind thoughts come your way. We just did that very same thing last month.
                        My birthday was the day before the memorial service. Hang in there I know
                        completely all too well how difficult this is and how difficult this time of year is now. Aloha "Leash"

Thanks but send the strength vibes Pali's way, it was his Dad that passed.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sta...&pid=137428950

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/OTTO/obits/

I'm just doing the program and trying to restore some old photos for him....it's amazing how magenta old photos can get.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          Oooooh...that was so soon after Pali's wedding. So sad.
                          Yeah it is.

He's kinda in a spin cycle emotionally *sigh* poor Boo...

Comment

eric & i are alrewady at our 2nd bar of the eve, listening to live music & eating garlic fries. nope, we aren't at gordon biersch, bur someplace earlier. yea, asyoucanprobably tell, i am posting while lifted.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Whee-ha, cyn! You two have fun (like I could stop you). I like the EYEvatar, btw.

Comment

Watching The Santa Clause with DS; he just sprayed the flaming turkey.

Comment

Working...
                                X