• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test

testasasssssas

Re: Test

Originally posted by Mista Bumpy View Post
    testasasssssas
    Hey, Mista Bumpy! Your test seems to have worked.
    And I enjoyed looking at your website. Always fun to see how our island home looks to visitors. A little different than your home in Wisconsin, eh?
    I do have a couple of questions, though. On your "Beaches" page at this link, your caption about Sandy Beach includes "Just don't pay too much attention to the warning signs posted next to the shower house - they're mainly for sissies." I'm curious why you'd say that, since Sandy Beach is the single most dangerous beach in Hawai`i. There are more injuries there than all the other beaches on O`ahu combined, and that's why there is usually an ambulance stationed there. I'd respectfully recommend that you change that sentence on your site.
    And on the same page, your caption for Lanikai Beach starts "About an hour or two out of Waikiki on highway 72, past Diamond Head, Koko Head and Sea Life Park, are the fine beaches of Waimanalo and Kailua Bay." I'm curious -- were you on a bicycle or on a bus that made a whole lot of stops? In a car, that route takes no more than half an hour.
    The report of your impressions of the Polynesian Cultural Center was an excellent read. Well done! It'll be interesting to see what some of the other 'regulars' here on HT think of it; I imagine most will concur with you.
    Again, welcome to HT...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

LikaNui – Hey, thanks fer the comeback on my post. Yes, I guess you’re right about my assessment of Sandy, especially considering how popular boogie boarding seems to be these last couple of years. It seems like every ABC store in town sells them now, and even the older touristas are giving it a try. I’ll have to revise that one a bit, so nobody gets the wrong idea.

Yes, the PCC is a neat place from most aspects, and I wouldn’t tell anyone not to go, but considering that the idea of my site was to report first impressions, unlike Sandy Beach, I guess I’ll stick with this one. It hasn’t changed much through the years. Don’t get me started on missionaries, or I’ll never stop typing. In Hawaii, Fr. Damien was about the only one I admire at all. I heard about him way back in grade school, before I could have found Hawaii on a globe without help from the teacher. In fact, the Catholic grade school in town was called Brother Dutton, after a lay religious who went to Molokai to work at the colony, so Fr. Damien was one of our favorites.

I can see I’m going to have to update the page on the Ala Wai Canal, also. Our condo this winter was right next to the canal, so I had a chance to scope out that reclamation project they have going there after the Big Spill. Boy, I’m glad we weren’t there for that! What a mess.

Nice talking to you. This is a neat site, lots of activity here. I usually hang out at the Hawaii/South Pacific site at About.com, but I kind of like this format a bit better.

Hope to talk to you soon

Aloha!

Comment

Testing for something else here.

Comment

I enjoyed the photos of the library. From small kid time that was a place I loved to go. My mom was so good about taking us there and choosing our books.

Great photos... brought back great memories. Thanks!
          Aloha,
          Mokihana

Comment

Working...
          X