Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Balloon Boy: Was it all a hoax?

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    Like what? A parent that murders his/her kids in cold blood?

That's about what it takes to be "way worse" than a parent who deliberately places their children in a life-threatening situation, just for the sake of thrill-seeking.
    Which is what every parent does when having a child...
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

• Re: And my name is Johnny Cash...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      I had a girlfriend long ago named Frankie (Francis, which she hated!), so I don't take it for granted.
      Interesting. Maybe it is fitting that folks called her Frankie, if her parents gave her what is typically the spelling of a boys name. (Francis, as opposed to the more common spelling of Frances for girls.)

Coincidentally, I have a friend named Frances. But she always wanted people to call her Fran as a result of the teasing she got in school back in the days when Francis the Talking Mule was all the rage.

Oh well. Bypassing the personal agendas and side shows:

The Heenes strike back with their own lawsuit against the sheriff's department for violating privacy laws. Sounds like the Heene's lawyers are desperately grasping at straws here, but we'll see.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...balloon_h.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...tOLxQD9BKBDP01
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

• zing!

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        Interesting. Maybe it is fitting that folks called her Frankie, if her parents gave her what is typically the spelling of a boys name. (Francis, as opposed to the more common spelling of Frances for girls.)
        That's right..., my Aunt's name was Frances too. It's been many years.
        Thanx for the reminder.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

A man by the first name of Frances has been thru my office. There is a female realtor in Hawaii by the name of Frankie. Rules are made to be broken, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            Walkoff Balk has it right.
            I nevah thought I would see that. Another thing impossible that might happen is that Richard Heene has been named Father of the Year.
            Do you believe in miracles?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              They probably got accepted into the Civilization Beta!

NOOOO! Not my favorite game! Ack!

I keep telling you, Facebook is ... (whispers) evil.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                A man by the first name of Frances has been thru my office. There is a female realtor in Hawaii by the name of Frankie. Rules are made to be broken, I guess.
                Oh, you'll always have parents who are oddballs when it comes to naming their kids. I mean, Shirley Povich was a great sportswriter. June Jones is a successful football coach. But as many admirers as these men have, I don't anticipate that it will ever be common practice in this country to give either of those names to boys.

One consequence that the balloon hoax has had on the Heenes ambitions for TV fame and fortune: Lifetime cable network has yanked their Wife Swap episodes from the channel's rerun cycle.

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/10/24...e-balloon-boy/
                Last edited by Frankie's Market; October 29, 2009, 01:30 AM.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The District Attorney appointed to investigate whether or not the local sheriff violated privacy laws decided not to press any criminal charges against the law enforcement officer.

Criminal charges against the Heenes have not been filed yet, but they are expected soon.

Comment

• Just heard...

...the Heene parents are both going to get probation.

Comment

• Re: Just heard...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                      ...the Heene parents are both going to get probation.
                      I heard on the news they were both going to plead guilty. Do you have a cite re probation?

Comment

Heard it on the radio news this morning.

Comment

“Mayumi Heene has been charged with one count of false reporting to authorities, a class 3 misdemeanor. The penalty range for a class 3 misdemeanor is up to six months in county jail and a fine of $50 to $750.”

“…Mayumi Heene is a citizen of Japan, so a felony conviction could result in her deportation.”

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...ation+to+Japan

Comment

The chances of that happening are less than Santa Clause making his Christmas rounds in the deflated balloon.

Comment

So there will be charges and a plea by both parents. I wonder if a bill from the rescue people will follow, for those parents having wasted so much of taxpayers' money with their foolish pursuit of fame?

According to Richard Heene's defense attorney's statement today:
                              http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2...est=latestnews
                              Guilty Pleas
                              On November 13, 2009, at 8:30 a.m., Richard and Mayumi Heene will enter pleas of guilty in Larimer County Court.
                              Mayumi Heene will plead guilty to False Reporting to Authorities, a class 3 misdemeanor (the lowest level misdemeanor in Colorado law) with a stipulated sentence of probation.
                              Richard Heene will plead guilty to Attempting to Influence a Public Servant, a class 4 felony. The prosecutor has stipulated to a sentence of probation.
                              The stipulations carry the possibility of up to 90 days in jail for Richard and 60 days for Mayumi along with the probation. After pleas are entered the sentencing will be continued for approximately one month for the preparation of pre-sentence reports.
                              Facts
                              Mayumi Heene is a citizen of Japan. As such, any felony conviction or certain misdemeanors would result in her deportation, even though her husband and children are Americans. Because Mayumi, while being questioned by law enforcement made certain statements which the prosecutor could use against her to possibly obtain a felony conviction and thus, her deportation by the federal government, she is avoiding that possibility with this plea.
                              By the way, I just voted on the poll in this thread. I think "yes it was all a hoax".
                              Last edited by Amati; November 12, 2009, 04:05 PM.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

On one hand I am thinking if the parents had just said they released the balloon without having a kid inside would they have been in this much trouble?

The balloon was kind of sizable and having the FAA being notified that a rogue balloon (being manned or unmanned) was in the area could at least warn other aircraft to be on the look out for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X