This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

I stopped by Times Liliha. I was late in cooking something for MAMA. I usually don't buy any hot meals plates from Times but the line was long so I assume it was good. They had two on sale today. Mushroom Chicken or Roast Beef. The Plate comes with Mash Poato or Rice, Kernal Corn, soda or bottle water for $5.50 + tax The line goes fast. I ordered the Roast Beef w/ Mashed potato for MAMA. She loved it. Soft. The gravy...old style.

I had fruit salad and fed Antonio his baby food.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Went to the Outrigger Canoe Club for the first time with my brother's girlfriend. It was like a girls day out thing. I just had a plain turkey sandwich, but I also tried some of her salad (I don't eat salad 'cause I don't like most dressing but her's was awesome, celery seed dressing) and I tried a bit of her mahi mahi sandwich (I don't eat tartar sauce, but the one they use there is also awesome, so surprising, I didn't even realize it was tartar sauce). I also drank something called a Henrietta, I guess the alcohol free version of the Henry. Just tasted like a yummy smoothie.
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I had a "One Pound" Laulau at Kuhio Grille (on the Big Island) yesterday. No it was not a Wendell's Laulau, you know the one thats frickin' big. No desert in the Laulau either. Did have lots of luau leaf (Which I love). If you're on the Big Island, I would recommend it.
        Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak and a couple of cups of Mountain Dew from Mahalo Hawaii BBQ (I took home the 2nd cup).

Comment

MAMA and I went to Peoples for Lunch. I've been doing great all week for my diet. I went off it for today. I wished I hadn't. I ordered the Squid Luau Plate with Tripe Stew, Lomi Salmon, Poi, & Kim Chee. I couldn't eat it all but my stomach feels weird. I got the sweats. MAMA ordered the Stew plate with Laulau and is fine. Must be my stomach...then again, I have a sensitive opu. Remember the raw crabs? I did order side lomi ahi. My fault.

Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; September 10, 2005, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I hit Big D's on Ualena Street near the airport (reviewed by Pzarquon here) hoping to catch the UH-Michigan State football game and get some studying done. I must have misunderstood the kickoff time or maybe Big D's didn't pay for the game, because instead all that was on was the Texas-OhioState game.

Had a cold Corona and the house steak. The Corona was okay (I didn't learn until later that my favorite, Sam Adams, was on tap) but the steak was yummy. Tender, seasoned well, and brought to my table quickly.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Manapua, spring rolls and Mountain Dew from U-Choice Drive In.

Comment

Cheeseburgers and bottled water from the HCC Cafeteria.

Comment

I was fortunate and honored to be invited to lunch by a reader of of my Blog. Yep, a Reader! We went to "Golden Palace." When it comes to Dim Sum...I am dumb! She did all the ordering and it was all yummy. The dessert she chose was filled with black sugar. So much to choose from. I got full fast and we had left overs which I took home for MAMA. I don't know their names. All I can say is that they are dumplings that are filled with pork, vegetables, and other fillings either steamed or fried right in front of you. It was a delightful experience for Auntie Lynn of Chinatown! Like the saying goes..."you're never too old to learn new things!" or something lil' dat!

I'll walk double tomarrow.

Comment

Chicken bake, polish sausage and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

Comment

This grosses a lot of people out, but those people have never been Boy Scouts. I had a can of pork and beans, right from the can at room temperature. One of my favorite quick lunches.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

You never used your lighter to heat up the can? In the old days I used a streno stove to do that.

Comment

Working...
                          X