This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 1

Ham and cheese sandwiches and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Sipping on a bottle of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

Can of Diet Pepsi (vending machine had sold out on Mountain Dew and Diet Coke).

Comment

I have established a rule for myself this summer: Two healthy meals per day. I have found it easiest (most days) to make breakfast one of the two. This has not always been the case, as I am often in such a rush to get to school so I can be ready for the day. The drive-throughs are just much, much too convenient and quick. Plus there's Myra, whom I've mentioned in other threads.

However, they have opened a new Jamba Juice at the newly rebuilt Moanalua Center (formerly Moanalua Shopping Center), which is ALMOST as quick and convenient as the drive-throughs. I know the smoothies are loaded with calories, but you still need those fruits and antioxidants, so I think it's a good trade-off. I have been in love with Jamba since before it came to Hawaii, and seldom deviate from my favorite order: Orange Berry Blitz. Orange juice, blueberries (antioxidants up the wazoo, or down it, I guess), pineapple sherbert, strawberries, and ice. I've been getting the "power" size with two boosts, Vita-Boost and Fiber-Boost.

Oh, and a Diet Pepsi.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Sipping on a bottle of Diet Pepsi. Vending machine was out of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Helen, have you ever tried that VAULT "energy drink"? It tastes like an EXTREME Mountain Dew. Pretty good and reasonably priced, unlike most other "energy drinks".

Ever since Red Bull took off (gross), everyone's offering some sort of "energy drink", which is all SNAKE OIL if you ask me.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Onolicious Chopped Steak from Uptown Cafe on School Street!

A tall glass of Iced Tea.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Buffet breakfast at the Pagoda Hotel.

Comment

Buffet breakfast at the Pagoda Hotel (again).

Comment

• Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 1

O.K. Helen, you went there TWICE in consecutive days? That's a great gig you've got!

Any chance elaborating what they offered on the breakfast buffet line?

I've only eating their Sunday Brunch Buffet ($20), so I'd like to know the difference in selection and price. Sunday Brunch pretty much got "da works".

Last time I was there, I almost overflowed my little bowl with soft-serve ice cream. Talk about make "A". lol
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Manapua, spring rolls and cup of Mountain Dew.

Originally posted by Pomai
                        O.K. Helen, you went there TWICE in consecutive days? That's a great gig you've got!

Any chance elaborating what they offered on the breakfast buffet line?
                        Price is around $8.95, they had white and fried rice, choice of 3 breakfast meats, pancakes, fresh cut fruits, pastries, fruit juices, boxed ceral. Did notice that Friday's and Saturday's omelettes where different.

My dad was staying at the Pagoda over the weekend. So he and I had breakfast there on Friday and on Saturday my cousin and his family came to pick us up for a trip to the swap meet so we had breakfast there again on Saturday.
                        Last edited by helen; June 26, 2006, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Sipping on a bottle of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

A bottle of Mountain Dew and a Twik candy bar.

Comment

Helen! he he

That good ole' TWIK again, eh? The singular description of the two cookie bars you get in a TWIX. This time it wasn't a typo' and you DID only eat one of the two bars, right?

That Pagoda breakfast buffet sounds like a pretty good deal.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I ate both bars yesterday. In any event today it's chicken cup of noodles, a bag of Fritos and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Working...
                                X