Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phobias

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
    Wow! That is seriously a lot of phobias. I'm guessing you don't get out much?
    I was just copying the long list of phobias of TV's Adrian Monk. I'm a hypochondriac and I don't like to fly. I'm also a bit neurotic. That's all!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
      Yes, I have one against telephones. It has gotten increasingly worse in recent years and I now find myself almost incapable of using the things. Thank goodness for email!
      Hopefully that's not from either:

A) Your mother or mother-in-law continuously calling you for no valid reason, but just because they have nothing better to do.

Or:

B) Your credit card company's collections department calling about an overdue payment.

I'm on the same plane with Mel regarding having a phobia for LOOSE RIVETS ON MY AIRPLANE'S WING! and 747-SIZED COCKROACHES!
      Especially when them bomber-sized Cockroaches decide to go dive-bombing on you. {{{{{{{willies}}}}}}}
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
        I was just copying the long list of phobias of TV's Adrian Monk. I'm a hypochondriac and I don't like to fly. I'm also a bit neurotic. That's all!
        Good to know! I was worried.....

Comment

Something will crawl in my ear when I'm sleeping. How many dustmites are already in there?

Comment

It's not a phobia if it happens to you, right?

15 years ago I was routing electrical cable to a new wall receptacle. I was squeezed all the way into a corner of the attic, with my head practically wedged against the bird holes and my body stretched at an angle across the trusses, drilling a hole into the wall's top plate.

When my drill bit broke through it disturbed the nest of carpenter ants, who came boiling up out of there like a horror movie. They weren't attacking, just crazed from the noise/vibration/light/disturbance and running everywhere, but I couldn't tell the difference from my perspective of having my eyeballs less than a foot away. With all the subsequent writhing and flailing (me, not the ants) it was a very lucky thing that I didn't just go through the floor of the attic down to the room below.

It wasn't the enclosed space as much as it was not being able to move fast enough to do anything about it. I still have nightmares about it.
            Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
            Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
            We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
            Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

After reading your post, Nords, I am reminded of what my phobia is.

....being smothered. By anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                It's not a phobia if it happens to you, right?[...]
                I hope you're right...otherwise I have a phobia!

Many years ago I was on location in Hilo. Production gave us a decent per diem so I chose to partake of the spa in our hotel. There was a special on body wraps and since I'd not tried that I went for it.

Sheets are soaked in...something! An herbal infused solution, I think. 'Spose to draw the toxins out of the body! While lying on a table I was asked to put my arms against my sides. I was also asked if I had claustrophobia! Nope...never experienced it. So the technician proceeded to wrap me from neck to toes. The warm sheets felt good and I'd planned to use the alone time to meditate. The technician starts to exit the room when I do a semi-freak-out (for me!). I desperately needed to free my arms. I'd not ever experienced anything like that feeling. Don't care to again, either!

Comment

Working...
                X