Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heroes - Season 3

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Been noticing this week and last week that some times during the airing of Heroes the vocal audio drops out, the background music audio however seems to be okay. Anyone outside of Hawaii notice this too?

One of the scenes in question is just before Noah Bennet meets up with Nathan and Nikki's sister.
    Oh good, it's not just me. I was wondering if my tv was breaking down.

Comment

I am thinking that Peter and Sylar are twins, their powers are kind of similar which kind of makes sense and neither Peter or Nathan remember their mother being pregrent and not bringing home another brother.

Comment

It's no doubt that the signature food for this series is "waffles". Hiro trying to rediscover his power in the bowling alley was kind of funny.

And Peter outsmarting the two bad guys who were trying to snatch Clair was a classic superhero move.

Comment

all this takes place on an island?

and where is ginger?

*smiles*
          stay forever young

Comment

Giving Hiro the mind of a 10 year old is a bit contrived, IMO. They've made him the bumbling Japanese tourist for the vast majority of this show. Then they gave him a little character development (see the episode where he gives the eulogy at his father's funeral), and now he's acting childish. It vaguely reminds me of that Robin Williams movie "Jack".

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
            I'm pretty sure you're referring to Lost.

Comment

Pretty bizzare that everyone's power is turned off by the solar eclipse. Granted this might be temporary but will it last until the eclipse is over or even another solar eclipse happens again?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                Pretty bizzare that everyone's power is turned off by the solar eclipse. Granted this might be temporary but will it last until the eclipse is over or even another solar eclipse happens again?
                I think they'll get their powers back by season 3 finale the latest. Probably more like season 3 mid-season or earlier. It wouldn't be much of a superhero show if everyone was powerless for too long. I'm more interested to know how they'll deal with Arthur Petrelli. Will they strike while the eclipse still affects their powers, or will they wait, and bring the Haitian?

You figure the Haitian militia seen at the end of the recent episode wont last more than an episode or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post

and where is ginger?

*smiles*
                  You are Lost.
                  You need a Hero.

Comment

It's not surprising that the story arc includes the ones with powers having to deal without their powers or figuring out that they aren't powerless just because they can't use their non-natural powers. I am ambivalent about Hiro. On the one hand, I liked his developed character where he's not always teetering on being the bumbling fool but on the other hand, perhaps the message is that Hiro is, at heart, a kid and fairly pure of spirit. With or without his powers, that's his true nature. A little bumbling, well meaning, occasionally imparting wisdom that he may or may not recognize as wisdom, still a catalyst for making well-intentioned things happen.

I am probably most unhappy about Mohinder's character development. He went from someone who seemed well intentioned, decent and caring to someone weak, egotistical, and grasping for power without a moral compass. I get that it's part of the storyline but it's sad that he's just not as hot as he used to be

Comment

Okay so the loss of powers was only temporary due to the elclipse, but I wonder where did Hiro take Sylar and Ele?

And a new quest to find some one that has the lost issue of the 9th Wonder comic. Did like how Seth Green describe how he heard about it.

Comment

I loved the latest episode, until they left Hiro stranded again.

The scene with his mother was cool, though! I hope he can regain his powers.

If he doesn't, Hiro's visit to the future in the beginning of the season makes sense. Ando is on his way to getting a synthetic ability. Hiro may not regain his ability if Arthur is dead permanently. Perhaps he is the one who holds onto the formula in the hope that they can come up with a way to create a time travel formula for him. And in that case Ando may end up in the camp of getting rid of the formula at some point.

I watched the next episode preview a couple of times (the one they show right after the episode's closing credits), and I'm pretty sure I saw Hiro in a kitchen, dodging an assailant who appeared to be holding a Japanese sword.

The precog guy in Africa told Hiro he relied on his powers too much. I guess this was in the works!
                        Last edited by Vanguard; December 9, 2008, 08:39 AM.

Comment

You guess?

I find the show becoming as dumb as 'Lost'. The plot meanders through a morass of ever-increasing convolutions and digressions. It seems the only message is, "Soaps may be complicated, but we offer a show even more complicated (like 'Lost'), in case you were bored doing something else."

The cast has 'special powers', but no power to do anything worthwhile because they're all involved in 'power trips' involving others with 'special powers'. The future is revealed in comic books, the medium is the message/massage, blah, blah, blah.

Titillation for it's own sake. 'Dark Shadows' reworked.
                          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

So tonight's episode is the end of Volume 3. Peter and Ando got powers now, but not Hiro. Pirmatech is destoryed, the inside of Pinehurst is trashed and while Sylar has a piece of glass jabbed in the back of the head I wouldn't doubt it he comes back in Volume 4.

Speaking of which Volume 4 which starts in February 2, 2009 seems to be about the US government on Nathan's advice to capture all of the powered people.

Comment

It's nice that Michael Dorn might have a recurring role on Heroes. Why don't they just recruit everyone from all the Star Trek shows?

Kate Mulgrew as Sylar's mom? Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                                You guess?

I find the show becoming as dumb as 'Lost'. The plot meanders through a morass of ever-increasing convolutions and digressions. It seems the only message is, "Soaps may be complicated, but we offer a show even more complicated (like 'Lost'), in case you were bored doing something else."

The cast has 'special powers', but no power to do anything worthwhile because they're all involved in 'power trips' involving others with 'special powers'. The future is revealed in comic books, the medium is the message/massage, blah, blah, blah.

Titillation for it's own sake. 'Dark Shadows' reworked.
                                Even Tim Kring has disdain for Heroes fans. We ought to take the hint.

I tried to enjoy season 3, but the writing feels so disjointed now. I'll still give it a chance as I enjoy some of the characters, but I'm not as invested as I was in season 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X