Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Originally posted by helen View Post

3) Recongized the store where Chin Ho asked about the airplane radio control stuff which is Hobbietat on 10th Ave (they also sell fishing gear, R/C cars, R/C helicopters and model rockets).
    I used to go there when I was a kid (just to look). I'm surprise they are still in business.

Comment

I missed the explanation, if there was one, for how and why Wo Fat controls the Yakuza. Does anyone know or was that skipped over on the show?

Comment

* bump *

It's been a month since the last post. Is anyone else still watching this show?

The last two episodes had McGarrett wearing a cast on his left forearm from an accident falling down a cliff in Kualoa Valley. Both episodes showed the cast a lot, with very large letters saying "Waiola Shave Ice. The best on the island!". Product placement, bought by WSI? Or does the show's staff just love WSI?

Last night's episode. They were parked in a driveway and were getting ready to crash through the gate but Danno told McGarrett to wait while he put on his seatbelt. There's a first.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm still watching. and obviously lots of others are too - it was #1 in the time slots ratings last nite.

as for McGarrett's broken arm - they had a shot of the arm while he was out on the ledge. It really looked broken & I do know what that looks like. Did McLaughlin actually break his arm while filming? I know they left Danny in a leg cast after he broke his for real while filming. and McGarrett wasn't really flashing the WSI on his cast. It just seemed like it was written where it would show up best

Other than having to watch Sean Coombs, who is not a very good actor, it was an enjoyable show.
          Last edited by anapuni808; April 19, 2011, 09:05 PM.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            I'm still watching. and obviously lots of others are too - it was #1 in the time slots ratings last nite.

as for McGarrett's broken arm - they had a shot of the arm while he was out on the ledge. It really looked broken & I do know what that looks like. Did McLaughlin actually break his arm while filming? I know they left Danny in a leg cast after he broke his for real while filming. and McGarrett wasn't really flashing the WSI on his cast. It just seemed like it was written where it would show up best

Other than having to watch Sean Coombs, who is not a very good actor, it was an enjoyable show.
            P-Diddy or whatever his name is now, is not a good actor, even when playing a character like himself in real life. IMO, he has not made the transistion as well as other rappers.

However, he is a big name entertainer. I would think he help made it #1 this week, and reached a segment of the population that Five-O normally would not.

Comment

"P-Diddy" or whatever he calls himself now IS a big name entertainer. However, "Sean Coombs" is not - he is just an average actor. If he would have been billed by his rap star name your point would be well taken.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Burl Burlingame had a blast blasting the episode...

Book ‘Em: Puff the Diddy
                Except in one regard. H50-2011 has a history of taking great guest actors and misusing them. P.Daddy, however, is a terrible, horrible, miserable actor. His gamut of emotions run from A to B, as hipsters say. His presence in a scene is a headshot of emotional Botox. His robotic delivery, choreographed pauses, stumblingly awkward physical presence and self-conscious camera flirting, all in the service of feeding his multi-artiste check-off list, is a towering totem of craven, pandering ego-sleaze. With any luck, he’ll be in every scene. Cool!

Comment

Good grief...I hope, in future reviews, Burl learns to tell it like he sees it! And...I agree with him! For awhile I was following what must've been a Twitter feed on CBS.com. Everyone was gushing over PD/SC's acting chops. Huh? What acting chops? The writers obviously left the door open for his return but, dayam, that guy needs to stick to his night job! Or get some serious acting coaches. Still...I thoroughly enjoyed the episode; the entire series, actually.

Comment

I honestly didn't know that was Puff Diddy whatever until one of my dorm mates pointed it out. Not only am I oblivious to television, I'm oblivious to music as well. I didn't think the guy did that bad of a job and I wonder if other people wouldn't judge him so harshly if he wasn't a well known name in another field.

But I dunno, I was doing homework while the show was on so I wasn't really paying attention, except for the occasional "Ooh, I've been there!"
                    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

There was that movie "Monsters Ball" though it was a very short one & does "I'm Still Here" counts? Though P-Diddy was being P-Diddy..... As for Sean Combs appearance and acting in Five-O was ummmmmm.........errrrrrrrrrr

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh............ Look at that site!
                      And looooky I have been there!

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                        [...]I didn't think the guy did that bad of a job and I wonder if other people wouldn't judge him so harshly if he wasn't a well known name in another field.[...]
                        I, obviously, can't speak for other people but, afaic, being well known in another performing art is usually a plus. I look forward to seeing if a performer is a triple threat. I also expect more from them because they're already used to performing, have the advantage of being in front of an audience and have been on camera. To me, PD's performance chops didn't translate to acting chops. That's not to say they couldn't with on-going training but last night proved to me that training is needed. Just my 2¢.

Comment

P.Diddy does sampling from other artist's songs for his music. Which actor can he do some sampling for his acting style?

Comment

here is a link to an article about Coombs when he appeared on Broadway in "A Raisin in The Sun", which earned Tony awards for 2 of its lead actors. It's interesting................

http://raisinonbroadway.com/pdiddynytimes.html
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I think I missed about the first minute of tonight's episode, I saw McGarret handcuffing the lady from the CIA to a police car. I take it I missed the reason why the Five-0 unit was after Wo Fat?

Comment

5-0 will go on - announcement tomorrow/Wednesday - but if there were a question, last night's season finale could have been seen as THE End, with no more five-0 (as an org), a dead governor, Danno heading back to the east coast, Chin back in the saddle w HPD, and Steve and Kono in jail. Yes, it said " . . . to be continued", but didn't Flashforward end with a tease for the next episode? Nicely done . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X