Corporation (NYSE: LDG) is one of the most recognized retail drug store
    chains on the West Coast and in Hawaii. The Company operates 526 retail
    pharmacies and offers a wide assortment of merchandise focusing on health,
    wellness, beauty and convenience. Longs also provides pharmacy benefit
    management services and Medicare beneficiary prescription drug plans
    through its wholly-owned subsidiary, RxAmerica, LLC. Additional information
    about Longs and its services is available at http://www.longs.com and more
    information about RxAmerica is available at http://www.rxamerica.com."

Hasn't been a 'Mom & Pop' Hawaii kine store for a looong time.
    Das wot's funny
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

• Re: Longs to become CVS?

hi this is sansei and a about an hour ago,i returned from Kam long's and where anyone would get top park the bike's and moped's,their's only a limited space due to the christmas tree's that they are selling and also Long's has now pocketbook calender's so if anyone maybe interested,they have a lot of long's pocketbook calendar's so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Wow, whoever said top executives can’t get a multi-million$$ golden parachute in this economy, isn’t paying attention.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting laid off with those severance packages!

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just returned from first visiting my dr and then i went to Don Quiojte and when i parked near the bike rack's where other moped's park and this one guy told me since he was parking his bicycle that he requested me to move my moped to the other side by the post and then i mentioned to him that their are other moped's parked there and he said so and i was fustrated and he parked his bicycle and he said thank's and i didnt mind him sharing his thought's only he sort of didnt have to take his fustration's out on me so that's how my day went.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
              hi this is sansei and i just returned from first visiting my dr and then i went to Don Quiojte and when i parked near the bike rack's where other moped's park and this one guy told me since he was parking his bicycle that he requested me to move my moped to the other side by the post and then i mentioned to him that their are other moped's parked there and he said so and i was fustrated and he parked his bicycle and he said thank's and i didnt mind him sharing his thought's only he sort of didnt have to take his fustration's out on me so that's how my day went.

You did the right thing. A moped is worth more than a bicycle. You don't know what he would do to your moped when you go inside the store.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i went to long's kam and i went to the photo processing lab and they'll be printing my photo's for the original price at $6.00 and i know it's worth it only today when i parked my moped in the bicycle moped parking,there was this elderly security guard who was checking on place's where either bicycle's or moped's werent supposed to park only im hoping he didnt check on mine is once when i parked in the bicycle and moped parking,he was watching me chain up my moped and it was very uncomfortable and i know he's doing his job so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                  Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Longs Drug Stores Corporation (NYSE: LDG) is one of the most recognized retail drug store chains on the West Coast
                  Not for long. With CVS’ commitment to keep Longs Drugs basically intact in Hawai‘i not withstanding, it looks like they’re moving full-speed ahead with their mainland transition/consolidation.

OCEANSIDE — The Longs drugstore chain, an institution for three generations of Californians, is beginning to disappear from local shopping centers three months after its acquisition by its largest competitor.

With the 521 Longs stores it took over in October, CVS Caremark Corp. now has some 6,800 drugstore locations across the United States, including several dozen that are immediately across the street from one another. CVS is shuttering existing Longs stores whose markets overlap closely with those of its stores, including one on Oceanside Boulevard that dated from the late 1950s.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

hi this is sansei and today i returned from kam shopping center and i went to long's and learned that they still didnt come in with the GE Dry head Vcr Cleaner and they only had the maxell vcr dry head cleaner and it cost's $5.30 and they also had sony's vcr head cleaner and it cost's a bit more only that one isnt reliable so i'd choose the maxell vcr dry head cleaner if the GE one doesnt come in. i also went to visit starmarket and it hasnt changed and it's still the same.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

I must have missed the flood warning, but somebody's stream of consciousness is overflowing.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by HawaiiboundNelli View Post
                        I wouldn't mind getting laid off with those severance packages!
                        Speaking of layoffs, employees of the Hale‘iwa Supermarket recently got their pink slips after the owners decided to sell their store to Longs Drugs. I think it’s a wise decision by CVS to continue expanding Longs in the North Shore area. Walgreens will no doubt be a formidable rival once the economy turns around, and CVS needs to position itself for growth.
                        Written by Lisa Kubota — lkubota@kgmb9.com

The supermarket has been serving North Shore customers for nearly 102 years. The family business is run by the Sakai’s. They're in their 80’s and ready to retire. None of their relatives wanted to take over so they sold the company to Longs Drugs.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

• Now we have a name to go with the crime...

Moped owners have their own areas to park, and taking the few spots for bikes with a moped is rude and asking for trouble. Be glad the guy 'asked' you to do the proper thing, instead of really taking it out on you. Too many ignore this simple fact, and that security guard blew it.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

hi this is sansei and today i returned from kam shopping center and i went to long's and ... i also went to visit starmarket and it hasnt changed and it's still the same.
                            Well, that’s about to change, Sansei. Apparently, Times Supermarket which recently purchased Star Market, has decided they don’t want to keep the Star stores in Mō‘ili‘ili and ‘Ewa Beach.

Meanwhile CVS dba Longs Drugs will now acquire those locations instead. For the life of me, I can't figure out why CVS would want the Star Mō‘ili‘ili location. CVS spent a fortune replacing all the cash registers with touch-screen systems, added an additional pharmacy service window which will supposedly open sometime next year, and changed out the in-house telephones at the current Mō‘ili‘ili Longs, which is only a block away. That site already has three levels of parking, including a level on the roof.

The only reason I can think of is that Star has a pharmacy, which hurts CVS’ core business. Is that reason enough to justify buying them out?

USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

I'm somewhat mystified by this, too. Especially since the Moiliili Star is always pretty busy. That location has to be one of Star's best performers, if not the best. Maybe they're going to keep it primarily as a grocery store? I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                                I'm somewhat mystified by this, too. Especially since the Moiliili Star is always pretty busy. That location has to be one of Star's best performers, if not the best. Maybe they're going to keep it primarily as a grocery store? I have no idea.
                                I go to that Star Market rather than the Foodland and Times around that area because of the HawaiianMiles points you get when buying products that are basically the same price.

Comment

Working...
                                X